Tuesday, November 4, 2008

#4



Today I am thankful for the opportunity to vote. I wonder what this next presidency will bring and if we will look back and say "What was I thinking?" All I can do is follow my gut. I am surprised at how many people freak out if you are not voting the way they are. I guess it's true what they say, politics is like religion- you don't ask. Well I do! I am a very open person for those of you who know me, I do ask whatever the heck I feel like. Probably too much, so you can always tell me to shut it if I get too personal. I am the type that likes to debate without getting my feelings hurt and I guess not everyone is like that. Here are some thoughts that I have thought of this election. Notice how "Obama Biden" sounds so much like "Osama Bin Laden" or should we call him "Robin Hood" -steal from the rich to give to the poor. Then we have the crypt keeper in the next corner. McCain. A name with "Cain" in it makes me a little nervous! JK I guess it isn't very nice to make fun of a person who is going to be leading our country. I think the media is portraying what people want to see, I wonder if mainstream Americana's really agree with it. It's not a popularity contest and I hope the hearts of all of us remember that. I heard that a lady wouldn't pass out trick or treat candy to anyone whose parents were voting for Obama?? That's just plain rude! Another funny story is I saw on the news this couple ws sick of their sign being stolen, so they put an electric wire on it. They caught a video of a 9 year old boy trying to tear off his "McCain/Palin" sign and got the "Shock" Of his life! He ran home and they called the cops, but the cops could do nothing about it. I laughed. In California you see people being vandalized for their freedom. Many people have signs that say "Vote YES On proposition 8" only to be left with spray painted houses, cars, and garages with peace sign. Hmm peaceful alright! Anyways that's my tangent about the election, but in reality I am grateful that WE all have the RIGHTS to do as others, no matter what our status is.
- Due to the long lines today, Obama voters are asked to vote on wed. JK I got that on my phone and thought it was pretty funny~

2 comments:

Cameron said...

That electric fence is awesome!

It's easy to think that national elections are kinda pointless. It doesn't seem to really change much. But that's tempered with the fact that there's a lot of local stuff going on that is much easier to have an influence on.

Lyndee W. said...

I don't even want to vote. But, I guess I'd better or I can't complain! Plus, if I don't vote, my Mom will come and spank my bum! LOL! Hopefully the lines aren't too bad...I should've voted absentee.