Monday, November 10, 2008

#10



Yesterday at church my kids were being wild and I couldn't hear the speakers. I used Faith as an excuse and took her into the mothers room to feed her, and to have some peace and quite so I could hear the talks~! (Don't tell Trent that he was flustered with the other two)While I was alone in the mothers room with Faith, I looked at her cooing and smiling up at me. I couldn't help but smile back, I turned the chair and looked up at a painting of Mary with Jesus. This was a picture of her holding or kissing her newborn Jesus close to her face. At that moment a flood of emotion came running to me as I imagined myself back in the presence of Christs birth. I could almost sense the love Mary had for her baby, even though she wasn't sure of what the future would hold I am sure she knew her son would be put through more than any being who walked this earth. But at that moment after giving birth to her child she could hold him in her arms and protect him from whatever would soon come. I remember the moments after I gave birth to all three of my children as I held them and kissed them close to me. I can't imagine the pain that Mary went through when she saw her son hurt, beat, and finally crucified. As a mother I can't even fathom my son or child being treated that way. You tear up when you see your child sick, or when people are not being nice to them. You cry when they scrape their knee or get a sore tummy. But there is nothing in this world more dreadful then that of loosing a child. Not being able to hold your little one in your arms to comfort would be the worse pain there could ever be. To see your child treated in the way that Mary had to watch her son be murdered and not being able to stop it. I just can't even picture her wailing and wanting to save her boy at that moment. I can only imagine the wailing of tears streaming down her face, her whole body shaking at the pain of having to watch her son pay the price for all of us that day. I am thankful that she was his mother, that she loved him and taught him what was right. Life is really only for a moment, and looking into that picture yesterday I could see that my life is only here for a moment. Before we know it our children will be grown up, our lives will be over so enjoy the moments we have now. Take the time to be with family and those you love. Cuddle your children, tell your husband how much you appreciate him. Remember that Mary lost her life the day her baby boy lost his, and how wonderful we can rejoice that he does live. I wonder what that meeting was like when he came back to his mother and gave her a hug. Reminds me of the song "Mary, did you know That your baby boy will one day walk on water? Did you know That your baby boy will save our sons and daughters? Did you know That your baby boy has come to make you new? This child that youve delivered Will soon deliver you Mary, did you know That your baby boy will give sight to a blind man? Did you know That your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand? Did you know That your baby boy has walked where angels trod? And when you kiss your little you've kissed the face of god Mary, did you know? The blind will seethe deaf will hear And the dead will live again The lame will leap The dumb will speak The praises of the lamb
Mary, did you know That your baby boy is lord of all creation? Did you know That your baby boy will one day rules the nations? Did you know That your baby boy is heavens perfect lamb? This sleeping child youre holding Is the great I am" I am thankful for the example of motherhood from Mary. As a young woman I wonder if she knew the example she would be for all. We like to hold our fresh newborns and think of them as perfect, but I can imagine in my mind after giving birth, her arms reached out to hold for the first time a "perfect" child. I am thankful for the moments we have NOW, Let's not waste it!

2 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

What a great idea to do this! I have been so touched by so many of these especially this one. Thanks so much I needed this today!

Holly said...

Amen to your post! Our kids grow up so fast and we are always in such a hurry nowdays. Thanks for reminding me!

I got some pics up from our photo shoot with Lyndee on my blog if you want to check them out. She did a great job!