Thursday, November 6, 2008

#6


I am so glad to be a teacher. During high school I was in a lot of child development classes. I used to work at an elementary school to tutor the kids. I love the teacher Mrs. Legget that allowed me to do a lot with her class! I always thought I would love to teach the older kids around 10 years old. Then I moved to St.George and didn't have a car! I had to find a place to work close to my apartment. I don't think it was by chance that I got a job at the daycare across the street. At first I didn't think I would like working at a daycare, but boy was I wrong! I was a teacher of 8-10 one year olds! They would sit down and listen to the little lesson I prepared for their age. They would sing the songs *or try anyways* I knew what they wanted even though they couldn't talk much. If they could it was a foreign language but I still understood. I tried to do sign language with them and some of them got it. It was easier to understand them that way. I loved those kids so much! I loved the people I worked with and they taught me a lot of things that I use as a mother today. You would think working at a daycare would be the best birth control there is, but after I was married and still working there I would come home MISSING Those kids! I would ask Trent if I could call their parents to tell them I would babysit for them. Not many people that work at daycares care about the kids. There was this one lady who watched the newborns who truly loved each child there. Because of working there I learned to love the younger group of children. Three year olds are big and know a lot! I am so thankful that now I can teach preschool in my home! I absolutely love it to pieces. I was thankful to be put in the nursery before I had Faith. I love that age group. Maybe one day when my kids are grown I will go back to school to get my elementary teaching degree. But first and foremost the children that need me most in their lives right now are my own. I am grateful they can participate in the preschool I teach! I love teaching children new things, there is no greater joy.

2 comments:

Bentleys said...

You are such a wonderful person and a Fantastic Mother! Those kids are so blessed to have you! Keep up the good work!

Holly said...

You are a really gooood teacher! The kids love you!