Friday, November 14, 2008

#14 What's in a kiss?


I am thankful for hugs and kisses, even the choclate kind!
I love the kisses my mom would give me when I would fall and scrape my knee.
I am thankful to give kisses to my children as they scrape theirs.
I am glad I was never embarrassed to hug and kiss my parents in front of the school as they dropped me off, even up until high school. (on the cheek of course)
I am grateful for the hug I was able to give my dying grandma in the hospital that night. I am glad my sister Kelli was with me and that we both witnessed my grandma giving my grandpa one last hug.
I am thankful for the hugs we receive when those we love pass away.
I will always remember the hugs I gave a family when their 20 year old daughter died. I have never been hugged like that before. They were desperately needed and given.
I will always remember the hug I gave my dad when he came back from the war.
I am thankful for the hugs I gave the men in my life when I was baptised and confirmed
I will always remember the hug I gave my brother as he came home from his mission. Something magical happened... he grew up and we were actually friends!
I will remember the hugs I gave and received from my best friends growing up when hard times hit.
I will always remember my first kiss in a movie theater LOL
I will always cherish the first hug Trent gave me as a friend. I felt secure and always wanted to be in his arms. I remember the first time I KISSED HIM. Our first kiss. I will remember more than anything the first time I saw Trent after a couple months of being away, and how that hug meant more to me then anything. I wonder if that is how it will be when I see him again after we die. I look forward to those hugs.
I am thankful for seeing my parents hug and kiss when I was little. I knew they loved each other.
I am thankful for the sloppy, slobbery kisses my little kids give me, that make my cheek all wet.
I am thankful for the quick goodbye kisses Trent and I give each other, before he goes to work each day.
I am thankful for the goodnight kisses I give my children after I sing them to sleep.
I am thankful for the hugs friends give when trouble arises.
I was never a huggy person unlike Trent. I will always remember the hugs he gave all the girls in college before we were dating LOL. JK
I will always remember the first hug and kiss as husband and wife.
I will remember the hug *and the advice* my sister Kelli gave me as Trent and I were leaving the reception center to go on our honeymoon!
I enjoy hugs from the elderly people I visit.
I miss the hugs the first kids I taught in St.George would give.
I will always remember the hugs given from my siblings.
I look forward to the hugs and kisses of my future children and/ or grandchildren.
I am thankful for this gesture of love, happiness, and brightness during times of joy, or sadness a hug always makes it better!

4 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Way cute post...there is something so comforting about hugs and kisses. This was so fun to read. I love your posts they are always so original and entertaining. Cute!!

kelli said...

good post. Had to cry about the hug in the hospital room the night before grandma died. I almost forgot about that.

Eric and Jenny said...

It's so true, nothing in the world can mean more to me than a good hug or kiss, it's so rejuvinating. I will be so sad with this little project of yours is finished, I so love reading all of your posts, they are great and usually make me get teary eyed!

Lyndee W. said...

I luuuv kisses and hugs. Nothing is more romantic than a big bear hug and lingering kiss...mmm! LOL