Sunday, November 9, 2008

#9




I am so thankful for temples. This past Friday Trent and I were able to attend the Temple. I was surprised how busy it was, maybe people are worried about the economy and need all the help they can get. That or it was just a Friday night and everyone had the same idea! When I was younger, we went through the Bountiful Temple and Timp Temple open house. The Ogden temple was the first temple I went in to do baptisms at 12. I loved the feeling there. The first time I went through the temple was March 2002. This was a week before I was to be married. I remember my mouth was full of sores and I was so worried that for my wedding I wasn't going to be able to talk. We went through the bountiful temple, and I remember seeing Trent for the first time all in white. I wonder if that is how it will be when we die. I then remember my wedding day and sitting inside the Salt Lake Temple with Trent minutes before we were sealed for time and all eternity. I have many wonderful memories and feelings when I step inside and all my troubles seem to leave. I am so grateful for temples so that my family can be a forever family, and when times get tough I can always go somewhere for peace.

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

I love your pictures. I wish I had more like that from our wedding day. I agree with you...the Temple is an amazing place to find comfort and peace.