Saturday, November 22, 2008

# 21 Sacrafice

I am thankful for sacrifices. Many people in my life have sacrificed for me so that I could be who I am today. It all starts with my parents. What a sacrifice it was for my mom to stay home with us kids. She could have worked as a teacher like she did before she had kids, but chose not to. I don't know what I would have done without my mom at home. I was one of those shy, needing tender, loving, care that only my mom could give me. I think that is why I chose to stay home with my kids, because of her example. I am so thankful for my dad to take on the load of providing for our family growing up. I know he may think he didn't make enough, or what not but I beg to differ. I had the best childhood and love that any person could ask for. I am so thankful that he allowed my mom to stay home with me. Growing up I saw what a sacrifice it has been on my dad but I am so thankful for his loving example and hard work. I don't know a harder worker. I am thankful for the sacrifice Trent gives for me and my kids. He allows me to stay home and does everything he can so that I can be with the kids. It isn't easy but it's worth it. I know not all families feel the same way and that is fine. I think mothers who have to work are sacrificing a lot to be away from their kids so that they can provide for their children. What a great love those mothers have for their babies and wants whats best for them. Each family is different and has different sacrifices. Then of course there is the biggest sacrifice of our savior, and heavenly Father. We had to give talks a couple weeks ago in church on Charity. I never thought of the hard sacrifice the Father had to go through to see his son go through something no human being ever could. I am sure he feels that way when he sees his other children hurting as well. My heart goes out to the people who had to give up their lives not many years ago during the holocaust, for the sacrifice others had to help save them. The reason of this post is my sister Kelli wrote about my grandma who gave up her life for her daughter. Kelli put it in a way no one else could so I hope she doesn't mind me quoting her


Kelli Said "My Grandparents on their first Anniversary June 15, 1946In my last grandparent post, I only spoke of my Maternal Grandparents, but I am also thankful for my other set of grandparents. Unfortunately, My grandmother was murdered defending her daughter about 8 years before I was born. When I think of my grandmother, I think of the scripture in John, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friend" My grandmother gave the ultimate sacrifice, her life. From that act alone, I can determine that she must have been a very selfless person. My grandmother was also beautiful and petite" I still see hurt in my dad from that sacrifice. The nice thing to know is that one day we will all be able to meet or see her again. I truly am thankful for all sacrifices, big or small. I think they bring us closer to God.

No comments: