Monday, November 17, 2008

#16





I am thankful for my siblings! We have had some great memories, whether it be sad ones, or joyful ones I am glad I lived my life with my wonderful siblings. I think I am who I am today, because of the household I grew up in!



I am thankful for my sister Kelli. I remember so many memories growing up with Kelli. I shared a room with her my whole life. I enjoyed the games we would play together growing up. I always looked up to Kelli and wanted to hang out with her and her friends all the time. When Kelli was a young teenager I was locked out of my room many times when she had her friends over. I also got the blame for when neighbors would tell on Kelli and her friends for watching " 90210". As we got older we became closer. I loved coming to visit Kelli when she was at Ricks college. When I was a teenager I loved hanging out with her and her Trent. We both married Trents. When I had kids we always went to fun places with our kids and mom. I miss that. Kelli is very smart and funny. When I was pregnant with Faith, we all went to a funeral for our neighbor. Every time I looked at Kelli I would start to cry, then it would make her cry and make me laugh and cry even more. Finally I just couldn't look at her anymore. Kelli is a great mom with her kids. She is a very nurturing person and always has been. Maybe that is why she is so good at her job- a nurse. One of my favorite memories, (besides all the jokes we would play on people)is going on a cruise with her and her co workers back in 2004. It was a blast!



I am thankful for my older brother Chad (Kelli's Twin). I think each girl needs an older brother! Growing up Chad was a punk! He liked to tease us so much. He would always bug Kelli and I as we were eating breakfast before school. I remember in first grade I liked this kid and Chad and Kelli started singing in front of the whole school "Jamie and Andrew sitting in a tree..." I don't know how I survived growing up with the twins! I remember Chad would try to run around the house with the toilet plunger and brush and brush my hair with it. We had some pretty good fights. He would make you laugh out of pure frustration! I remember playing sports with Chad in the street with other neighborhood kids. I remember when Chad came home off his mission he didn't even recognize me. We became good friends after that and I loved hanging out with his friends. I think he might have had a hard time at first when I started going on dates with some of his friends (probably because they had no one else to go with) I enjoyed all the fun things we would do and all his friends that would come with us. This is why every girl needs a big brother, so she can flirt with all his friends. We would always go play volleyball at Barnes Park on the weekends. I always would ride with Chad in his car and listen to his awesome Spanish music. Chad is now almost done with Med School and has accomplished many things in life. Number one is getting married. We were worried with all his teasing who would be able to handle him. Thankfully a cute Russian girl came along! She keeps him in line. jk. They will soon have their first baby in two weeks, I am so excited! Chad will be a good dad, he really does care for people


I am thankful for my brother Scott. Scott and I used to fight a lot. I remember the day we became friends. He was fighting with my mom about a mission and ran downstairs all huffy and puffy. I had a wedding to go to and wanted to tell him to just stop arguing with mom and just do what he thinks is best for him. ( I knew he would come around) I went downstairs and asked if he wanted to go with me to a wedding. He was all raunchy until I told him he could stay home with mom and keep fighting or come with me to a wedding. He decided to go. We had a good discussion on the way there and finally he started to grow up LOL *he thinks I became cool, I told him it was him that changed, I always was.* That was March 12, 2005. I remember Scott would love to make funny faces in all of our wedding pictures! Just wait until you get married Scott. He also thought it would be funny to say " Jamie has Hemorrhoids" on my wedding video. The videographer must have thought that was so hilarious because he added it in! Like I said, Just wait until you get married. I remember at my brothers wedding, my dad dared Scott to go get in some wedding party's picture at the temple. I wonder to this day if they think " who the heck is that kid?" I enjoyed all our talks and that he would confide in me. I enjoyed meeting his dates. Scott is so fun to be around and is SO funny. He has a very quick wit and I enjoy being in his presence. He is almost done serving his mission in Florida and we can't wait for him to come home! I have many memories with Scott, but my favorite ones are the ones right before he left on his mission. I think Scott and I see eye to eye on a lot of things. When Kelli and Chad start yakking away on who knows more *remember ones a nurse the other in med school* Scott and I would turn and start talking to each other. I laugh thinking about the funny things he used to do. Scott is very smart at history and such a great guy! Can't wait for you to come home!

I am thankful for my little sister Erin! Erin is a very generous sister! She also shared a room with me! Erin has always been a very loving, outgoing person. I remember playing dress up and barbies with her. Now that we are older I love doing her hair and make up when she has a dance or play to go to. She is a very hard worker and my kids love her! If you ever want to hear some embarrassing stories, Erin is the person to go to! That girl has had her fair share of stories! One of my favorite stories was at my grandparents house on thanksgiving probably ten years ago. My grandma had spilt the whipping cream all over the floor and it splattered EVERYWHERE. It splattered all over the cupboards and ceiling. Everyone yelled, "ERIN!" when it spilt. Poor Erin it wasn't even her that did it. I will always remember taking Erin driving since my mom wouldn't. Let's just say thankfully she became a better driver then when I first took her. It was fun though, why go to Lagoon when all you needed to do was let Erin drive your car! jk. I am grateful for having a little sister!




I am thankful for my little brother Sean! Sean has a very big heart! He loves to play with my kids and is such a cute boy. I keep thinking of the little boys still as if they were 3 and 6. I remember when Ryan was born, we would be reading Scriptures and poor Sean would get mad and run out of the room. I see Austin had done the same thing when faith was born. I guess they got kicked out of their place! Sean is a funny guy and loves to share his stuff with me. He always asks me if I want some gum or candy. If I say no thanks, Ryan says he wants some, but Sean will say no. LOL He just wanted to share with me. He does what I tell him to and that is nice as well ! jk. My kids always want to talk to Sean and Ryan on the phone. He is a very generous guy and does so well with little kids. You are going to be a great dad one day Sean! I love his contagious laugh, I may not know why he is laughing but when I hear it, I start laughing too.

I am thankful for my little brother Ryan. Ryan was my little buddy. He was born when I was 14. I loved taking care of him. He would come to me and I liked to think of myself as his second mom. I remember going off to college and seeing his sad little face. He was not happy that I was leaving him. When I brought Trent home to meet the family, Ryan did not like that Trent was taking me away! Ryan is a very handy guy and likes to fix things. When my family has a problem, Trent always says to tell my mom to get Ryan on the phone, so Ryan can go fix it. He also loves the little kids, but he really does love to tease them like they are his siblings!



I also have an angel sister Chelsea. I am sad to think she wasn't able to grow up with us kids, but I look forward to the day when I can put my arms around her and enjoy her as my sister!

5 comments:

kelli said...

Good Post. Loved the stories. I could post so many stories, but they would only be entertaining to us!

Holly said...

It was fun to read about your family. They sound wonderful. Brothers and sisters are great, I'm glad you have good ones!

Lyndee W. said...

You have such a good memory! I don't know if I could remember half the stuff I did with my sisters growing up. Didn't know you had a Sean too! That's the best name ever!

Nick and Stacey said...

What a great post! You do have a wonderful family! I saw your mom on sunday, but didn't get a chance to talk! What a great family, and great stories!

Team Reid said...

So fun! I love reading stories like this!