Thursday, November 6, 2008

#5


I am thankful for motherhood (By the way these thankful posts are in no particular order!) I am so thankful for the chance to be a mother. My heart aches for those who struggle with desperately wanting to be a mother and for some reason can't. My heart also goes out to the women who abuse their blessing as a mother and hurt their children. I will always have a place in my heart for the memories of each of my children's birth, and the first time I saw their face. I will cherish their little hands as I see them getting into things they shouldn't be, like the toilet paper or markers. They grow up too fast. I am learning that I don't have time to get upset with a messy house because before I know it my kids will be grown and gone. The thing I love about Hannah, is she loves to do homework! She begs to do homework and read. She is very creative and gets into all my preschool stuff to make things of her own and hang them up. Hannah loves getting up every morning around 5 a.m. Hannah is very creative and is already boy crazy. She loves Derrick on Dancing with the Stars and thinks she will one day marry him. Hannah is also a hoarder, I find all these little knick knacks under her bed. Everytime we get into the car Hannah wants to listen to her favorite songs. At the moment her favorite song is an old unpopular one by Brittany Spears. Last year it was one by the Dixie Chicks. Hannah knows too much for her own good. We only get this split second of a chance at motherhood so we learn from our mistakes and I am trying the best I can. I need to be more patient and easy going with Hannah. Austin loves anything spider man. He pretends to be him pretty much everyday. Now that he has a costume of spider man he hasn't taken it off. Austin used to be my baby and has had some adjusting since Faith has stolen his spot. I now realize how big he is. He sometimes asks me why I am so mean now. Sad huh? Austin also likes hanging pictures up, but he glues them to my wall! Austin loves playing with Hannah and her friends. He loves playing at the park. Austin loves to help Faith by tearing off her long nails. Poor Faith. Hannah and Austin are both big siblings that think they know whats best for their little sister. Austin is a silly boy and tries to make people laugh. Hannah and Austin love making cookies with me. They run in when they hear me making them, and they want to sit by me. He has grown up so fast! My brother on his mission won't even recognize him. Then we have little Faith. Faith smiles a big smile when she sees me. She doesn't have stranger anxiety yet, but she is starting to know who I am! Half way through her feeding she stops to stare up at me to smile and coo. She loves taking baths. I love it that when she is laying down she tries to lift her head because she wants to sit up. She thinks she is much older then a three month old! Faith loves to cuddle next to me, like her siblings do. They get that from their dad. I am not a cuddly person, but they have changed my heart! Faith makes me laugh when I lift her up to sit up she does a little bird face that Hannah used to do as a baby. I am so grateful for them in my life. I am also thankful for the other many people who help them grow up to be good people.

2 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Geez, Jamie. I've teared up with everyone one of your thankful posts, but this one actually made me cry. You're an awesome mom!

Eric and Jenny said...

I am just loving all of your thankful posts, they all make me want to cry! You have such sweet little children, I loved learning more about them and you are a terrific mother.