Monday, November 3, 2008

#1 & 2



I got this idea from my sister's blog *Hope you don't mind either LOL* I am going to post what I am thankful for until thanksgiving!
The first thing I am thankful for is the power of prayer. In many parts of the world people are not allowed to pray. A look back in history, people were killed for praying out loud. I am thankful we live in a place where we can freely chose who we pray to,when, and where. I am grateful that I can pray in my head if I need to. I remember growing up answering the phone pretty much everyday with my grandma on the other end. I remember my mom talking to her mom over the phone. Now that I am grown I call my mom everyday as well. I don't know what I will do when the time comes where she passes on. I can't even fathom it. My grandma has been gone since 2000 and I don't know how my mom does it. The nice thing to know is that even if I am alone in this life, I can "call" my Heavenly Father and know that my Heavenly Parents will be here at anytime I need them. I can't wait for the day that I Can see them once again.

Since it is Nov. 2nd, I will do two posts. The second thing I am grateful for is for my savior. Each one of us goes through our own living hell here on earth, but he felt EVERYONE'S painful hell. I am so grateful for the atonement to know that he is always with me when I am down. I do think my depression is a way that Satan can put me in my shell where I clam up and can't do my part on earth. I am so thankful for his love and eternal compassion, even when we let him down. A couple years ago I have learned a lot about the atonement and REAL, true, godly sorrow in my life and the life of others in ways I never have seen before. I guess you can also say I am grateful for my trials but that will be another post! I love every bit of the love he offers every one of us if we just take him by the hand.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for such a great thought provoking post. Church yesterday was so good. The testimonies and Sunday School. I felt like a big ball baby all day!

Lyndee W. said...

This is such a great idea! Focusing on what you're thankful for leaves no room for dwelling on things that bring you down.

Jamie said...

Holly I am sad I missed it, I was teaching Primary. I really enjoy being able to go to sunday school and relief society. I am so glad they called rebecca to teach, her lesson made me cry when she gave it a couple weeks back. I enjoy the teachers and can't wait to hear her lesson. I need to tell her that in person!