Tuesday, October 7, 2008

angels among us


My brother who is serving a mission in Florida, sent us an assignment to do before conference. He told us to come up with questions so that they could be answered during conference. Each one of my questions were not only answered, but hit right on dot. I loved the talk about angels among us. I have come to realize that when we are prompted to help someone else, it is not always us that is answering someones prayer, but our answers are on the way to be answered. I used to visit a nursing home when I was a teenager. I loved the many wonderful people who were so sweet and genuine. They were angels to me. By visiting with them, I became a better person and learned what was most important in our short lives. I then worked at two nursing homes right before I went to college, one in the Alzheimer unit. At first the Alzheimer unit was a little nerve racking, because the people would just come up to you and grab you. I even had a little old man grab my face and pucker his lips trying to kiss me. However, the unit became my favorite place to be. These people may not remembered after ten minutes who I was, but they were always in my heart to this day. In the regular part of the nursing home, I had many people tell me their stories of WWII and it is sad that the generation is dying off. I remember meeting many wonderful people and it makes me want to go back to a nursing home NOW. So anyone who wants to come with me your invited! I love the young and old! I will always remember my little angels that I taught while in college. While they are grown now, my love for each of them will always have a place in my heart.Both the young and old can teach us the things we have forgotten in our busy lives!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Loved your post Jamie! I love visiting rest homes. I remember in college Cam and I went to a rest home with our ward and an old lady pinched Cam's butt as she was being wheeled away. Good stuff, old people are wonderful!

Jamie said...

Thanks, I bet cam loved it even more then you did HAHA jk!