Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dating...

I laugh at this picture every time because I had just kissed Trent Hello and he snapped a shot with his phone without my knowledge
1. Where did you meet your Significant other? Dixie college! I was so determined to just have fun and not date anyone serious. I had gotten out of a relationship the year prior that I was head over hills with. The guy was an atheist and broke up with me when I wouldn't lower my standards. I had given him the scriptures the week prior and luckily instead of hating me for it, he ended up joining the church & serving a mission. I guess we both had changed our views on life, because while at Dixie having the time of my life, I met my best friend - my husband!

2. What did you think about your S.O when you first met? I went to Dixie because one of my brother's friends (we liked each other a little bit) had told me how awesome it was. I was afraid that it was a party school, but once I got my friends and some scholarships to go I had to! The first time I met Trent we went caving at Bloomington Hills Caves in St. George. I was trying to show off to the other people how strong I was, so when the time came for us to use a rope to repel ourselves down, I did it without help. I remember a guy *Trent* was helping all the girls down,when he handed me his hand I told him I could do it. Little did I know he thought I was a big jerk for not letting him help me. He was flirting with a girl the whole time that I thought was his girlfriend. Kind of funny to go back and know I used to see Trent flirting with other girls. I remember riding in the back of his truck wildly in the desert that night. I kept thinking to myself " I wonder where my future husband is" little did I know he was the one driving. I told him what a cool cd player he had and he was like.. eh thanks. If you ask Trent our versions of the story are different.

3. Where did you go for your first date? Well Trent being the flirt that he was, I thought we would just be good friends. He flirted with my roommates, and his dad then told me later on that I wasn't his first pick. OUCH! LOL Trent says that's Bull crap. hmm... Anyways I thought we would be great friends, someone I could come to. Then we started hanging out together and there was something about Trent that I loved when I was around him. I could trust him. We always hung out and was already "together" before we went on an actual first date. We went on a date to see 'The Others' Trent was jumping the whole time. I think he was hoping I would get scared and "pretend" to protect me, but it was the other way around LOL My roommates had done my hair and make up that day..... needless to say I had to hurry and wipe most of it off.

4. Who kissed who first? Hmm tough queston??????? NO. I did of course! Before we even went on a first date LOL we were watching "Vertigo" in my apartment. I never would just kiss someone for the heck of it, but figured it had been a while since I had been kissed and he mine as well go for it. Jk lol

5. When did you realize you wanted to marry your S.O? I told Trent that we needed to talk about about how things were going. I wasn't sure if I wanted to date other people or not. I was confused. We drove up to St.George airport and just sat and looked over the city. That minute a gut wrenching feeling came to me that I didn't want to date other people and that Trent was the man I wanted to be with. I hated not being in his presence. I knew that I wanted him. I started crying LOL and he thought I was going to break up with him, when I told him I just wanted to be with him and nobody else.

6. How did you or your S.O say "I love you" ? We were watching Ghost Busters (romantic I know) and I asked him how he felt about me (I wasn't trying to get him to say it like he says I was) he told me, " I love you Jamie" and I said for the first time in my life, "I love you too" and meant it!

7. How did you propose? Since I did everything else first you would have thought I was the one to propose. Kind of a funny story, Trent took me ring shopping and I didn't care what ring he was to get me. UNTIL I found this cool sparkly "Cinderella" ring. A couple weeks went by and I was telling my roommates about the ring. They insisted that we drive to the store so they could see it, however when we got there the ring was gone! Someone had purchased it. My roommates were so giggly at that point. Well a couple weeks go by again and I had a bishop's interview, Trent had left his coat on one of the chairs while he went to talk to someone he knew. I came out and grabbed his coat to give to him. He snatched the coat from me so fast (I guess a ring was in there but I didn't know at that time.) We went up to the "DIXIE" on the red rocks and looked out at the temple. We would turn on "LIVE" and would dance up there a couple times... haha we were dorks. Anyways he proposes and I said YEAH! and for some reason I sat on his knee to give him a kiss! I opened the box and there was a "pioneer ring" I told him earlier it would be funny if he gave me a pioneer nail for a ring. So he said the real ring was at his house. I laughed and we went to his house where he gave me the real box. I opened it but to my surprise it wasn't the ring I had chosen. At first I didn't know if it was another joke or not. It wasn't and it is still pretty!~ I still married him didn't I?

Since I wrote a novel for all those questions I won't answer the rest of the quiz LOL

6 comments:

Brea Marie said...

Jamie, Can I ask you who the previous serious relationship was with? Just curious, but if you don't feel like sharing, you don't have to. I liked reading about your dating days. Are you going to finish the questions? I'd love to hear more!

kelli said...

Gross Picture! just kiddin

Jamie said...

LOL no your not Kelli!! Brea he was a year younger then us, and I am sure you know him because he is I think your second cousin?! Logan Nielson. LOL

Jamie said...

I will finish the questions, but in the meantime I tag brea, Kelli, Sheryl, Holly, Lyndee, Shelley, and Mary (and whoever else wants to do it!)

Unknown said...

Oh, that brought back so many fun memories! I'm so glad I had a front row seat as one of your roomies! Trent's CD player WAS cool though...dolphins swimming, right!?

Jamie said...

haha I know Tina, I miss those days!! Very fun!! Tina you have a good memory! I miss that truck.