Friday, October 3, 2008

5 Things to do with your money from Suze Orman

I saw this on Oprah today!

1. Make sure your savings are safe
2. Pay down your credit cards ( The limits are going down which will hurt your credit score, even if you had good credit,or if you have a zero balance on it still hurts the score, hmm sounds familiar)
3. Get Health and Term Life insurance (most bankruptcy's are from health bills. Our life insurance is gold to me, if you love your family protect them.)
4. Continue to contribute to your retirement fund. ( Yeah...)
5. Stop Spending what you can't afford
"Now is not the time for wants, you have a long time to live and you can spend money again later, NOW is not the time!" Suze Orman. AMEN To that!!

4 comments:

Brea Marie said...

I watched that too and I thought of you. I am glad you got to watch it. She had some really good advice. Did you watch the guy that was one before her? He did a good explanation of why we are in this economic crisis. I am glad Oprah decided to present this info for everyone.

Jamie said...

Yeah I called and they said most of their customers don't even know that their accounts were changed, so if you have ANY cards I would call and ask your company if the interest, or limit changed. Banks want their money back so now is the time to ask for lower interest rates! we can take advantage of the system!

Catmull's said...

Hey! I'm glad you left me your email. I will send you an invite. And yes I am doing preschool. You are right I love it! It's a TON of prep work. i was telling my husband that I can't wait for next year when I won't have to come up with an idea every time. It'll be much easier. thanks for posting the moeny tips. i completely agree with them. i also have 1 to add to. If you want more things, go out and make more money. Produce something in order to consume things.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love Suze Orman!! I can't get enough of her...or Dave Ramsey...or anyone who gives people smart, straight advice about money. :)