Thursday, October 16, 2008

After watching the debates last night this is what came to my mind. If something ever sounds too good to be true it is because it usually is. First off I feel like McCain is only scratching the surface with his health insurance plan. He is looking out for people who ALREADY have insurance. I would fall into that category, so for me yeah 5000 a year would be great to pay for the preiums I am using. HOWEVER, he is wanting to tax insurance, so if he does that my husband's employer would say "bye bye health insurance" Then we fall into the category that is the biggest issue with health care. They are those who fall in between the cracks, make too much for medicaid and their employers don't offer insurance. Trent and I were both kicked off of insurance when I was pregnant with Austin. Why? Because we had basic health insurance and it was personal,so we were paying over 300 dollars a month for a family of 3 *my friend is now paying over 500 a month for a family of 3* and for what? For them to just kick you off whenever they want to. So that is McCain's plan in my eyes. Then we have Obama. I do like how he is saying he won't tax the insurance, and that if you need personal insurance you can purchase through the same that he has through the government. This is not universal health care, and when your in the shoes of some health care or no health care of course your going to chose Some. I can see with McCains plan, many people still going bankrupt when a big medical crisis happens because they can't not only afford health care but they can get kicked off it. 5,000 will not pay for personal insurance. Of course many American's love Obama's stance on "spread the wealth" why? Because they are middle class and are just wanting a tax break. What they don't relize is when their employers have to pay more taxes, don't even think about asking for a raise and they may eliminate your health plan then too. Raising costs for them has to come out of somewhere and I am sure they don't care to take it from you. I don't think that people who work hard for their money should be forced to cover everyone else's butts. While it would be nice to volunteer to spread the wealth, it is their money and no one should be forced. It just isn't fair. If I were looking out for myself only and could give a rats arse about anyone else then yeah I would def, say Obama. There are many issues with both that sound too good to be true, and that is because it usually is. I wish there was someone in the middle of these two men and I would vote for that person. Usually I know who I want to vote for, but in this election I have no idea. I think I know what is right, if I think of everyone as a whole and not just me as a person. That was a vent.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, if a rich guy like Warren Buffet supports Obama's tax plan to tax the rich, then what is left to argue about?? And as a middle class citizen, I won't see a tax cut with Obama's plan...but I also won't see a rise, which I think is pefectly fair because I will still be paying a whole LOT in taxes this year and next year, so I don't feel like the middle class would be getting any free ride. We all still pay taxes. But if I was rich I would also hope that I would feel like I had more to give, even if I had worked by butt off for it. What's it worth if you can't make the world a better place, right?!:) But I totally see your point. But I just like Obama...his ideas makes sense to me...McCain's just don't cut it. But that's just me...and I'm a bit more liberal than most. :)

Jamie said...

Yeah I see what your saying. First off I think if the people in washington want to give up their money, let them be first LOL. That's why it's too bad there isn't a middle man. IF McCain would change his whole idea on health care then it would be a lot better. However, I am also looking into the future, and I doubt trent will ever make that much but if we start our own business one day it would really suck to pay high taxes, just because you work with that much money doesn't mean thats how much you make. Ether candidate your going to be paying something. Obama wants a lot of things, like free daycare where do you think that money is going to come from? it can't all come from the rich. If I worked my butt off and my neighbor didn't, who lost his house on dumb choices, if I bail him out then he is just going to do it again. I am so up in the air at this point. Some ideas I like on both sides but underneath they can affect us, even taxing the rich, because our employers will start getting rid of benefits if they have to pay more taxes. I do like Obama's health plan better then McCains. too bad we couldn't conjoin the two, that would be perfect lol.. BTW I am not a republican or democrat, I chose who I think will run the country and my safety first. At this point I am torn. McCain I think would keep us safer on foreign policies, but on the home front I don't know.

kelli said...

Both their health care plans suck. Don't vote for someone just because of one promise, most likely they won't give it to you. You better study the rest of the issues! And look up socialized medicine. What Obama says is socialized medicine. listen to what he is saying.

kelli said...

to bad your vote doesn't count

Jamie said...

Your right my vote doesn't count but it is still a good thing to vote in my opinion. There are a lot of things I don't like on both sides, but that was just a vent on one of the issues. I already know in my heart who the right person is, I have prayed to let it known to me to vote for who I think will help the most. That answer was just received today. While It may not make sense to me too much now all I know is if I do what I can then the Lord will provide for the rest. so here goes nothing.

Erin ;) said...

hey both suck and and nader should win lol just kidding I just want to say I know obmanation lol would like to give money to the poor wich is cool for the ones who desreve it I work at a grocery store and the majority of people who use food stamps buys junk food with our tax money then with their money buy their beer and if the state allowed them to buy alchol with food stamps they would be doing that too. Also abortion is murder that baby has a right to live.

Janine said...

Hey Jaime, I love reading your blog. It's always so much more interesting than mine. Anyway, I usually try to keep my opinions to myself (although my family would argue this), but here's my 2 cents anyway. I don't see much wrong with a plan that would allow everyone the right to health care. I agree with your friend Tina that if you are blessed with more you have more of a responsibility. I also think in the long run providing health care to everyone would cost much less, because people would be more likely to seek help at the beginning of an illness, rather than having to wait until it is an emergency to receive care. Costing more because their care will require much more. I also firmly believe that as human beings and responsible citizens we have an obligations to care for senior citizens, children, people with disabilities, and veterans. These are the people who most often go without healthcare. $5,000 will not be enough to cover most families. This year we pay $350 a month for health insurance. With Holly having been sick we are grateful for our insurance as we would have medical billings totalling about $50,000 without it. And I would consider our medical situation about average to other families. We would be bankrupt if we had to rely on $5,000 for healthcare. Sorry for the rambling. Just something I was thinking about after reading your blog.

Jamie said...

yeah Janine, I never realized how much politics can be sensitive to others like religion. You took the words out of my mouth about the whole health care issue!

Erin I must say that was pretty cleaver the whole "obamanation" thing. I haven't heard that. I just think of Robin Hood, "steal from the rich to give to the poor" jk. I do think money can be a "talent" where just like each of us are given talents to help everyone, they will be asked if they used their talent wisely. I just don't think it should be pushed on them, not only that but it will in turn hurt us because the rise in taxes for the rich are going to come from somewhere.. their employees. Hope I am wrong. What Biden said today about Obama made me pretty nervous in itself. In this election I agree on both sides with issues and I disagree on both sides with issues. So for me I have no idea who is going to win. But I always love hearing everyone's sides. I am not one of those that freak out if the other is not voting the way I am LOL

Jamie said...

P.s Janine, I think a TON Of people would go bankrupt without insurance and sadly I think that is one of the reasons so many people have. My neighbor had her baby at 32 weeks, their bills were over 100 thousand dollars. Luckily she had good insurance, but a couple years ago If that had been trent and I , we would've been screwed!