Wednesday, March 31, 2010

27 things....

27 things I have learned in my 27 years of life.

1. People come and go, but for one reason or another (Good or bad) they leave an imprint in my life and change it forever. Past, Present, and future. Changes happens so fast sometimes I want to stay where I am. I am in a good place.

2. Life is too short to waste on regret

3. "life happens when you make other plans"

4. It takes forever to get to the age 18, but it flies by after that. It gets to the point you still feel 18 but your sore back, and spots of gray hair, and kids saying "MOM" says otherwise.

5. To be the best is doing your best. Your best and my best won't ever be the same but it's the effort you put into it that matters (As in parenting)

6. Hard times will hit, hope you take these as a learning lesson with one or more of the following : grow stronger/grow closer/ or grow apart from that which is troubling you

7.I would much rather be the victim then the one doing the hurting.

8.I knew God loved me when I met my husband.

9. We all have weakness's & trials... be open and help others when you can get yourself on your feet

10. People are here for only a short time, don't waste your time on being upset, offended, or hurt because all of those are a choice. Learn to stick up for yourself, and let what others say (good or bad) go in one ear and out the other no matter how horrible it is. (easier said than done.)

11.If feeling down, go help someone it will pick you up and make you happy

12. Look at the bright side of every negative in your life. Smile.

13. Sing a song to your kids and tell them everyday how much you love them. Write down the cute things they say You never know when it will be your or their last day

15.learn about other people you don't know much about (someone in a nursing home, someone of another faith) and try to make a difference

16. You are not going to hell for not being perfect. Just be you and do your best. Really that's all it takes to be a better person and live a better life. Learn what perfection and hell really means before jumping to conclusions.

17. Don't sale yourself short from what others tell you. If others leave and not like you, just realize God loves you.

18. You are not stuck up because you have self esteem, infact those that don't wish they had it

19. Say your sorry first. No matter what. Right or wrong. It will save a lot of grief.

20. The only person you can change is yourself, but you can be a shoulder to lean on in times of needs.

21. Having babies is a beautiful thing

22. Being married is a beautiful thing

23. Getting along with family/siblings/ in laws/ is a beautiful thing & blessing

24. We all fall down in life, but it's never too late to get up and start anew.

25. Treat people the way you want to be treated, Even if the person doesn't like you. They will either be way confused or you will kill them with kindness.

26. Don't be a mooch off of people. Do your best and put others first. Loose yourself and you will find yourself

27. Be open, honest, and loving to everyone,and in every aspect in life. learn to take constructive criticism without criticizing.



27? wow, I remember being 17 and thinking 21 was old. I remember being a babysitter and thinking the mom who was 26 was so old. Funny thing is I feel like just a couple years ago I was starting to move out and go to college. Only a couple years ago I was playing pranks and attending High school. Just a couple years ago I came up to my mom's shoulder. Man time flies.
Today I have learned that a lot of people really do care!

2 comments:

Ashlie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Team Reid said...

Funny how fast life goes after 18, huh? I am un such denial about how old I am this year it's not even funny! :)