Friday, March 5, 2010

Life as I once Knew it.

Many of you have been asking how I have been surviving not being on facebook. Can I tell you that I thought I would be dreading and having a hard time not knowing what was going on with people? Well as much as it is hard to have to put my shoes on, get dressed, and walk down the street (ok I lie, DRIVE down the street) or WALK next door to ask how people are, I am actually enjoying SEEING people?? As hard as it is now to dial TEN digits on my phone to call a friend and chat for a while, at the same time trying to find out where Austin went to play, is actually refreshing?? I have been doing the things that people used to do when technology wasn't here. No wonder they were so much more happy. When anything you consume is too much it becomes an addiction and checking my facebook ten times a day here and there was an addiction. I have also started to be careful of my sugar intake (Did you pass out?) and get ready for it... exercise. Yeah p90x makes me hurt in muscles I didn't know I had. I have been scrapbooking my kids scrapbooks, cleaning things that needed to be done ever since we moved here. I am reading books. Now don't get me wrong, while I am happy, I am also trying to stay on that path of being happy and not let it go away. IF you have a bad day, try getting off the Internet, go play tag with a kid or write in a journal. The steps start small but they are worth it!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I think waaaay too much time is wasted on the internet. I agree with you and I'm going to limit my computer time to 10 minutes in the morning and that's it. Thanks for reminding me Jamie.