Wednesday, March 3, 2010




A friend of mine is not of my faith, but she wanted to start a bible study. I decided it would be a good idea to take it with her and feel her love. I am so glad I did. We are learning "Psalms of Ascent" and really you can't go wrong with the psalms! We are both Christan's, so it is more of a woman's get together to learn how much God Loves us and has mercy for us. It has been fun and interesting to learn things I have never really sat to ponder about before. We are learning some of the Hebrew and Jewish History and it is pretty much right on with what our bibles say. (You know how much I love learning history!) I use the King James Version and I am enjoying my Friday mornings getting together and feeling a knit friendship with her. I enjoy the lady named Beth Moore who is the author of this study. She symbolically states that coming closer by reading and pondering the scriptures is like taking a step higher to Christ(As you see in the picture)As the picture, the girl is taking steps on the ancient temple. Some things I have enjoyed learning is that God is there for us even in our little trials that may seem so small to others and ourselves, but God loves us and is with us if we allow it. He will not forsake us. Just as in Mose's time when people had to put the blood of a lamb on their doors and stay within, they were kept safe, Christ is the door and those within we are safe. I truly feel safe within the walls of the scriptures. In such an evil world we can see that God does love his children and hurts when others hurt them. We need to be careful not to hurt others because when we do through gossip, judgments (no matter how small) we are hurting his child, and he too hurts with them as he does with us when we are down. "They way up to God is down" So get on your knees and ask for his help. Those are some of the things I have enjoyed out of this lesson. We may believe different things, but the point of the lesson is to love all as God loves us all is something we can all be unified in.

1 comment:

Cara and Mike said...

Well said Jamie :) Well said.