Monday, March 8, 2010

CU



For enrichment we are doing Celestial University. This is something where we do things in our life and pass them off in our books (kinda like personal progress) I have already begun and I tell you, I already feel happier. I went over to my sister in laws last night and learned how to make her amazing bread. You use something called Soy Lecithin. It is EASY and I learned how to make crazy bread, pizza, Cinnamon rolls, and pretty much anything you want with this dough. I guess it was a secret recipe and she showed me how easy it is to do in my mixer. I had a neighbor begin to show me how to crochet. That is pretty tedious for me, but I want to learn how to make her little flowers she puts in her girl's hair. We will see how it goes. I want to take a singing lesson, learn how to make homemade noodles, learn how to decorate fondant cakes, make some crafts and pants I have seen, learn a lot more about guns and handling them the right way ( A Lot of people don't hold their pistol's the right way. If your hand is underneath the handle of the gun it is wrong) and much more. I know friends/family who can show me all this. I would also like to learn kickboxing/self defense moves (wow I sound like Napoleon) but I think it would be fun!




I also have an idea for a Wizard of Oz church activity - On each table I would put up cute little Dorothy shoes ( I have some Hannah used to wear for Halloween) and then have cute little toddler costumes of Dorothy (Again Hannah has one) a lion (my friend made the cutest little lion costume ) Tin man, and scare crow. I would then tie it in how we are all trying to make it back "home" and we want to see the wizard "Because, because of all the wonderful things he does" (how we want to come closer to Christ) we are all on the path of life (yellow brick road) and how we need friends. Some of our friends need courage, some don't have a brain (MEANING- we can all learn new things, for instance my post right above, learning. ) Some need more of a heart (aka a friend) You could even tie this in with Visiting Teaching, Celestial University, or just sisterhood. We all have our trials and people (or monkeys, witches, and more Oh my) try to thwart us off our paths. Yeah kinda a stretch but I think if you could pull it off it would be way cute. On the table you could even put little cute bottles of bubbles or something. Lol

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

I never made it to the RS activity because I was working, but it sounded like a lot of fun. And HELLO!? those cinnamon rolls sound delish! Maybe with an orange flavored icing? Just sayin'.