Wednesday, March 10, 2010

CU


While Trent is at school I have decided to take some lessons of my own. Thanks to good ole' Youtube (and Gina' my sister in law's Idea of how to learn on it) I have started singing lessons. I have learned that I am breathing the wrong way. Yes there is a way to breathe and I have been doing it WRONG! The first three lessons are all on breathing techniques. You may find it silly I am doing it online, but I think I am more willing to sing aloud when no one is watching. I will also sometime in the year take a math class online (something I have always been afraid to do and waiting until I go back to school but why should I wait to pay for something I can do for free now?!) I am also learning how to make fondant. Not just any fondant, but Marshmallow fondant! Looks tedious to me, but yummy! The other big thing I am doing, and maybe you have seen the show "Julie and Julia" and how she learned to cook. I am going to learn how to prepare and cook a .... you guessed it a TURKEY. To some this may seem simple and silly, but those of you who know me... this is a big thing. First off for some reason I don't like the way a chicken, turkey or any other animal looks unless it's cut up and ready for me to cook. I have learned that turkeys have the neck and "giblets" Within the cavity of it's body that I am so lucky to be able to find. Today I bought a meat thermometer and next week is my first shot at it. With anything I try, it always takes practice. I hope this turns out somewhat right. I have learned a lot about turkeys I didn't know. For instance it takes more than 24 hours to unthaw a turkey. It takes 24 hours per pound and a half. Most turkeys take Three days to unthaw in the fridge. Well, here goes nothing!!

3 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Good luck with the turkey! I refuse to touch the innards...just watching Daddy do it makes me naseous!

Team Reid said...

Turkeys are gross, huh? My mom puts hers in a crockpot. They come out sooo tender! It's really good, so there is an option to try if you're interested. :) And props to you on singing lessons - I've always been scared to do that! But I should, cause I am a HORRIBLE singer!!!

Holly said...

I have always wanted to take singing lessons, where online are you taking them at. Maybe we can do them together!