Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Scripture Stories




This summer I decided to turn my preschool room into a scripture story learning center. I did this with my kids before I started teaching preschool. Each day/ week (depending on how I feel) I will teach the kids a scripture story along with some easy crafts/coloring pages.

Today we learned about the 10 commandments. We talked about Moses. Here are some things I used to teach them:
this is a "Men of the Bible" booklet. Each day I let them color the person we are learning about, so at the end they will have a complete little book of all those they have learned. I am going to try to make my own for a "women of the bible" as well.


Teacher's guide to tell story:

http://www.dltk-bible.com/exodus/moses_and_the_10_commands-cv.htm

They also have cute little clip art next to each of the !0 commandment calendar on their website that I copied and pasted into Microsoft word and let them color. We are going to watch "The Prince Of Egypt". We are going to make sugar cookies in the shapes of the Ten Commandment stone.
Something sort of like this, but hopefully it doesn't turn out looking like a grave LOL. Cheesy I know but hey they love it. Tomorrow is Noah and I have already found some cute ideas for that one!! Including an "Animal Cracker Ark" Will share more tomorrow.

1 comment:

April said...

Love this idea. I am always trying to find fun things to do during summer so that it isn't just one big play date, I like to throw a little structure into our schedule and this is a good idea, keep them coming!