Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Movie Reviews

So I have been watching a lot of movies lately and thought I would tell you which ones are worth seeing (at least according to me)


1. "Nights in Rodanthe". *** I normally don't like the actress Diane Lane, but thought she did a great job in this movie and played the part well. I had to keep turning off the movie to get kids to bed, but had I watched it all the way through, I might have shed one tear. It was really good and reminded me a little of "The Notebook" maybe because it is the same author.

2. "The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas" ***1/2
I loved this show. It was a show that history teachers could show in class. It wasn't too violent, but sent a strong message. I love movies that have anything to do with WWII, and this was a good one!

3. "Defiance" **** Ok I must admit this was a guilty pleasure. Not just because Daniel Craig was in it, although that was a big plus ;) So Why? Because it is Rated R and I don't watch rated R movies, except I gave in. However if you get a language catchers like I have to cut out the language, it was a wonderful movie. This is about three brothers who taught the Jews to fight back. They ran to the forest where they had grown up to find a lot of other Jews just sitting and hiding there. These brothers decided to take charge and build a community. They even smuggled people out of the Ghetto. It was amazing what these people went through and to only think some are still alive today. They lived in the forest for four years! They endured many hardships. The women, children, and men all learned to defend themselves when trouble came looking for them. The violence in this movie was kind of Hollywood which was easier for me to watch. Had it been anything like Schindler's List I don't think I could watch it all the way through.

4. "Valkyrie" *** It is amazing at how many amazing stories were going on all at the same time. It was interesting to watch how close they were to getting Hitler. Hitler had 15 unsuccessful assassination attempts. I enjoyed this show because it shows that not all the Germans were on the side of Hitler.

5. "He's just not that into you"** This movie wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I did like some of the quotes. For instance if a guy wants to see you, HE will call. don't sit waiting for the phone to ring. I like that advice because a lot of girls do just that. It's sad but true. I decided when there is a lot of famous people in a movie, it doesn't do as good as just one or two.

6. "The Ramen Girl" ** If you are looking for a chick flick, this is a pretty good one. This girl moves from America to be with her boyfriend, only to find herself all alone. She decides to learn from a Ramen Master.


7."VickyChristinaBarcelonia" 1/2. Don't waste your time. This is one of those movies that I got for the famous people in it. Bad idea. I think even the economy is hurting over in Hollywood.


8. "Ghost of Girlfriends Past" 0- This was a dumb show! Really stupid, with hardly any plot. Once again I went to this because of the people in it. I should learn my lesson already.

9. "Wolverine" ***1/2 This was a great movie if you love the X- Men! It was fun to see in the theatre, and I am sure those that are Hugh Jackman lovers will like it too ;) *cough Kelli cough*

10. "Angels and Demons" *** I liked this one better then "The Da Vinci Code" All I can say is once again I guessed the ending before half way.


11. "Marley and Me" * I was really disappointed with this one. I was thinking it would be something like "Old Yeller" where you actually get attached to the dog. Instead it reminded me of why we don't have one!! It had a lot of suggestive material for kids so for that matter it should have been rated PG-13

TV:

We have finished "Desperate Housewives" and Trent got stuck in "Hero's" while I was stuck in "Grey's Anatomy" but we never finished those two. I rented "Burn Notice" but it didn't grab my attention. Maybe I was just too tired. The new series that did grab my attention though is "24"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty much, we have opposite taste in movies! I really liked all the ones you hated (how could you not like Marley and Me!? I HATE pets, and I was on the verge of tears at the end, and I am not a crier!? I thought it was SO good!), and I did not like the ones you liked...I hated Nights in Rodanthe!! Ugh!! But I do still need to see a few on your list that I had forgotten about! Fun post though! I loved it!