Tuesday, February 3, 2009


Wow I haven't blogged for ages it seemed!! The last couple of months have been hectic and so much fun. We have been busy playing games, going to party's, and just hanging out! I love being busy because my day seems like I have accomplished things! We have met and are still meeting amazing people. I LOVE it out here!! I have seen some words on people's facebook that describes this neighborhood "Humble, step ford, and celestial" It reminds me of a neighborhood you would find in the 80's where everyone is so loving and ready to help another. I wouldn't mind living here forever as long as we have the same people we do now. My kids love it, and I love it. You can actually see the stars and some wildlife out here!


Austin just turned 4!!! I can't believe how fast time flies. I went for a play date with my friend and watching her two little kids reminded me of how it was right before my brother went on his mission. Now my kids are so big!! For Austin's birthday we did a fast throw together superhero party. The kids put on capes and came into the bat cave. We played pin the "S" on superman. We also played "Mr. Freeze" with the music and Joker hid the kids candy bags so we had to go around and find them. I have been reading a new parenting book of how we need to tell the children consequences before they do the act. For instance " Hannah if you make your bed every I will read you a book" (pos. reinforcement) or "Austin if you throw spiderman at your sister one more time you are not going to get a cookie for dessert" I must say it is working. My little humble baby boy has turned into "Dennis the Menace" so my sister says. I think she is just happy that now I get to see how hard it is to raise a boy. lol. So on Austin's birthday I told him not to eat the cupcakes or we wouldn't have enough for everyone. Lo and Behold I went downstairs to find "Batman" (he had his cape on) with a big fat chocolate face and mouthful of cupcake sitting in the "bat cave" I didn't want to get mad at him because it looked cute, but at the same time we didn't have enough cupcakes!! We were going to eat Superman ice cream but he ate all of that the week before too. Oh well it was his party!! My family came down to celebrate his birthday and we had soup that tasted homemade and it was really fun to just get together.


3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Happy birthday to Austin, I don't know how girls are but boys are definitely a different breed. I have two menaces, that never STOP, exhausting, but fun. How exciting to have your brother home this week, have a great time with him.

Lyndee W. said...

Hang on...I ate a cupcake. Did I make it so someone didn't get one...like you?!

skcoe said...

The Batman cake is so adorable! Fun idea.