Saturday, February 14, 2009

For those of you coming to Scott's Homecoming tomorrow, I -15 will be closed in the following spot. Use alt. route
UDOT to close I-15 for Bridge Demolition Work

UDOT will demolish the 1100 North bridge over Interstate 15, marking the first major undertaking for the ExpressLink project. The project limits span from 500 North in northern Salt Lake City to the I-215 ramp in Davis County. The project will add express lanes in each direction to increase mobility and safety throughout this congested area and is scheduled to be completed Fall 2010.


What: Temporary I-15 closure between Interstate 80 and Interstate 215

When: Feb. 14 at 11 p.m. until Feb. 15 at 11 a.m.*

Why: Bridges at Beck Street, U.S. 89, 1100 North and 800 North must be replaced to accommodate the new width of the freeway. A new bridge at 1100 North will replace the bridges at 800 North and 1100 North. The new bridge will provide a new on-ramp to northbound I-15 and east-west mobility from 900 West to Warm Springs Road.

Alternative Routes:
For Interstate Travelers - During the closure motorists traveling southbound on I-15 may use I-215 to I-80 to I-15. Motorists traveling into Davis County on I-15 are advised to use I-80 to I-215 to Legacy Parkway or I-15.

For Area Residents - Starting now until bridge construction is complete in late 2009, take southbound 900 West to eastbound 600 North to access I-15.

How: UDOT will utilize accelerated bridge construction methods to reduce the construction impacts and delays to area residents and the traveling public. Crews will construct the bridge on-site and lower it into place.

No comments: