Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Come What May and Love it!

I love this quote, it is my new motto! I used to tell my friend when problems would arise, "What do you have to lose? nothing that you don't already have." Sometimes it drove her crazy!! If only I would follow my own golden advice more often, to take each day a day at a time and try not to stress. We had a Relief Society Lesson on this and I really enjoyed a quote she had up that said, " God doesn't give you things you can handle, he helps you handle the things that are given" That makes more sense to me. I just feel like in this life there is too much to be done but we get caught up in little things that can bring us down. If we live each day as if it is our last how different would we treat people? Our kids? our husband? The person we see helpless? This is the EXACT reason I loved visiting nursing homes, they are so humble and full of happiness even though their days are limited. What great examples. This life is about learning and the biggest way to learn is through our trials, no matter how big or small they may seem. During this hard time with the economy I am sure many people are struggling. We lose sight of what we are supposed to be doing when we stress. I say bring it on and "Come what may and love it" because why waste your time and worry about what will happen tomorrow? In my experience "Things happen when you make other plans!"

3 comments:

Holly said...

So true. Why worry, it's not worth it, gratitude is the key. Thanks Jamie.

Brea Marie said...

So I just have to tell you that I have been putting off a post with this exact title. My great-uncle passed away the end of December, and the funeral was extraordinary! I know, not something you usually hear about a funeral, but it really was. He lived in Duchesne, and I swear the entire community came out. Anyway, so my point is that 'Come what may and love it' was his motto and I really wanted to come up with a way to put that message somewhere on my blog. After the Sunday School lesson this week, I can't get it out of my head. I have got to finish that post this week. Thanks for reminding me as well.

Lyndee W. said...

It's always hard to follow our own advice...but this is a great motto. You're so strong, Jame and a great friend! Love you sooooo much!