Wednesday, February 18, 2009





After being sick with Strep for a week, Valentines was a nice break! I heart attacked the kids in their sleep, *which at the time I thought was a lovely idea* until Austin woke up at 2:00 a.m wondering what all the crumpling sound was under him. We then made pink heart shapped pancackes! We wanted to just take it easy that day. We went to Smiths to get some food for that night. While we were there I had Faith and Austin with me. We went to check out the 50% off valentine stuff. I put Faith in the front of the cart without her car seat! She loved it. Well about 20 minutes go by and I am wondering where the heck Trent and Hannah are. I go down each Isle looking for them. I then thought I saw Hannah poke her little head out at the end of one isle. I hurried to where I thought I saw her and she was no where to be found! I finally find them in the check out line and thought what a punk for not coming to get me! I go into the check out line next to them and I hear Hannah scream to Trent " Dad!!! There she is!!!" I ignored them and when I finished with the purchase turned around expecting them ready to go. Of course they are no where to be found.. once again!! I start heading to the car and I see Hannah and Trent with this big huge grin asking If I found everything I needed. I looked in my bag seeing my M & M's that I grabbed in a hurry and because they were 50% off and realized they were pretty much all red!! * I can't eat the red m &M's* so I told them yes, but by seeing their cheesy grins I knew EXACTLY what they had been up to. They go back into the store to finish their real shopping and I took the other kids to the car. There on my seat was some flowers. I thanked Trent for making me laugh. It wasn't about the flowers *they were the most beautiful half dead flowers I have ever seen* but for the love that he took the time with Hannah and let her chose them for me. I love smiling and seeing his cheesy grin when I know that something is up. Later that night we rented a movie and watched it with some friends. Of course every time a movie pops on, I go straight to sleep. It was nice falling to sleep to uncontrollable laughter, those are the moments that really matter :)

8 comments:

April said...

I love Valentines Day and sweet surprises!

Holly said...

I love your idea to heart attack your kids!:)

skcoe said...

Most beautiful half dead flowers I have ever seen.

HAH!

Lyndee W. said...

Are you kidding me!? You guys always have so much fun WHEN I'M GONE! Faith is getting so big! What a little QT pie! Miss you!

Brea Marie said...

Okay, why can't you eat the red M & M's?

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh that's cute, I love that they were trying to hide for you, I bet you will treasure those almost dead flowers! Oh yeah and why can't you eat the red m and m's, I have never heard of such a thing.

Jamie said...

I am allergic to the red dye in it!

Team Reid said...

Hee hee! I love how you heart attacked the kids!