Tuesday, February 24, 2009


My family went to the Draper Open House. My kids did really well and asked questions. It was even fun to be able to answer my siblings questions as well.
It was fun to see the symbolism of things and see the beauty of the temple. I thought the inside looked very contemporary considering it is a temple, but the beauty of it was amazing. The wood was from Africa and was awesome. I really enjoyed the beauty of the paintings. There was a new one I have never seen before of Christ and Mary outside the tomb. The colors that the artist used were deep ! I loved it. I am glad I was able to take my kids to teach them about the temple. Every night I sing " I love to see the temple" TO my kids, and they sure were glad to be able to experience first hand.

6 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad you got to go too and that it still worked out for your shoe party! I loooove my new shoes.

Nick and Stacey said...

I also think that the Temple seemed more contemporary, but I loved it, it was wonderful! oh my email is meldrumstacey@gmail.com, I would love an invite when you go private!

Lyndee W. said...

I wish we could've gone. And hello? You're singing to your kids? Why aren't you at choir? Little Hannah better be singing right along with you...she knows that song {at least, SHE BETTER!}.

Brea Marie said...

Jamie! Did you make the quote/picture thing? I really want one! I love it.

Catmull's said...

That's so cool that you got to go! I really wanted to. but all the days went really fast! Preschool is going good, thanks for asking. How's preschool for you?

The Johnson Fam said...

I want to go to the open house...I have never been to one before. The pictures that I saw of the celestial room are amazing! What a great experience to have.