Wednesday, September 17, 2008


This is something that came to my mind today. Why is it that society slashes women for something they did, yet men get a slap on the hand for the same thing? Let me tell you what I am talking about. In the Scarlet Letter, the woman had to wear the scarlet "A" so all the townspeople knew what she had done. It takes two to tango, so where was the guy? Of course he was in "hiding". When a girl becomes a "Woman" *trying to make the G rated* she is labeled harsh words that no woman should ever be called, yet when a man does the same thing, he gets a high five. On the radio today people were calling in and saying if their son ever slept around they wouldn't care, but if someone laid a finger on their daughter they would get out their guns. In some places in the world if a woman is raped, she is killed for loosing her virginity. So in my eyes when a woman does something wrong she is looked down on more than a man. In some religions Eve is looked down upon because of her partaking the fruit, well she didn't force Adam to eat, he partook himself.* I think very highly of Eve and I am sure God does too so this isn't my opinion* Because of that, some religions believe people are born into sin and that women have the pain of childbirth. *not all religions think people are born into sin because of Eve.* However if we are held accountable for our own sins and not Adams transgression then why would the pain of that be held upon us?* I ask that because some LDS people I have talked to believe that childbirth pain is a PUNISHMENT not a consequence for the situation* Ok enough of my babbling just thought it was something to bring up for a discussion. Why do you think it is? Is our virtue more powerful then we think? Is it worth more than men's in your eyes? (P.S this has nothing to do with anyone just made me think when hearing the radio today)

3 comments:

skcoe said...

I'm with you.

I think Eve was brave beyond anything I could possibly be. She KNEW that she and Adam were sent here to procreate and have a family, and KNEW that she had to eat the fruit and leave the garden in order to do so. In her 'disobedience' was obedience...she used her free agency to make the choice for herself and Adam- and BECAUSE of her choice we are all here.

The people on the radio are stupid.

Brea Marie said...

I grant you the letter 'L'. Good luck!

Jamie said...

Brea I thought you were going to grant me the letter A after this post LOL JK