Monday, September 29, 2008

Take a Stand




I think too much in society most of us look up to women who look well on the outside, but are lost on the inside. When I was a teenager I was obsessed with Hollywood and loved everything about it! What was I thinking? They may look like they have it all, but take a deeper look into their lives of fame and you will find divorce, drugs, eating disorders, lawsuits, unhappiness, and infidelity. Riches may solve some of their problems, but it won't solve these. I really do feel bad for them and hope one day they can find what matters most in life. I know some of them have to hire nanny's to watch their children so they can have that luxurious life of fame, but when all is said and done and they are on their death bed, will the people who loved seeing them in public be the ones to hold their hands as they take their last breath? I know that nobody is perfect and we all have our trials and pain. However the women that I need to be looking up to are women of integrity, virtue, who paid a price to make a child's life or life of another better.They may not be the skinniest, prettiest women we have ever seen, but what they stand for is far better than any of that. Those who will lift you up when you are down, give you words of encouragement. I may not know those struggling personally,but I am sure those in "Hollywood" are wonderful people, but to me some seem lost, or had hard lives and I really do feel for them. Maybe the public puts too much pressure on them. If they would look to these women maybe their eyes would spark once again.

No comments: