Thursday, September 25, 2008

Think whats happening on wall street doesn't affect you? your wrong! Yesterday I got a letter from American Express cutting my credit card limit in half! Not that I like to use credit cards but we already had some money on it and now because of cutting it in half, the payment shot through the roof, and the % of the balance can effect your credit score. I was watching "Good morning America" and they said, watch out because credit card company's will be cutting things out of cards you ALREADY own. That means my company was checking my credit without approval, who knows how many other places will be checking credit without you knowing. It is harder now to get a loan for a mortgage, car, and so on. It's a big mess and I am fed up with the dumb politics of BOTH sides acting like they are in high school for a dumb popularity contest that can't be won!! Then they use problems like this to "Act" like they care just for more votes. It's a scary world. My husband and I are now doing "Operation Get out/ Stay out of debt" (that includes our mortgage) My husband is going to be doing a side job. I must say I love that he is willing to work so hard even if that means we won't be seeing much of each other. Has anyone else been hit lately? If not watch your mail! They may decide to use the universal default clause to make up the shortfall!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yikes...sorry to hear that. That does suck! But it might be a good thing for some people. I think CC company's give people WAY too high of credit limits...me included. But they SHOULD give fair warning if they're going to slash it, that's for sure. I'm totally with you on the getout/stayout of debt, though. Poor Trent...what a worker! He sure must love you! :)

Brea Marie said...

Thankfully, we are started trying to get rid of our credit cards. We have enough that my tax time, we should we able to get them paid off with our return. But, if they send me a letter and raise my payments, I don't know what we'll do. Is Trent's second job a short term one, or will he be there for a while? I know the feeling! I hope we can get rid of our other debt I told you about, and then get rid of the cc's by tax return time. Who knows if we'll ever get a home now with this stupid mortage crisis. At least we have a roof though, right? Good luck!