Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sept 11 - 7 years later




Seven years ago today, I remember a young man running into our early morning biology class telling us a plane has hit the world trade center. It was 7:oo our time. Being young I didn't think "Terrorists" like I would now days if something were to happen. I was so busy that day with school and work that I when I went babysitting for my manager I was able to turn on the tv. My heart sank, even though I didn't know anyone killed or hurt in the attacks my life changed forever. My heart still aches for it. If you haven't seen "World Trade Center" with Nicolas Cage I suggest you do. It is an amazing story and if your obsessed with passion for 9/11 like I am then it will do justice for your heart. I remember watching a documentary on discovery about inside the buildings, I do believe it is supposed to be on again tonight. It is amazing some of the stories that those who survived went through, sadly there where thousands more stories we will never hear. I cried that day watching all the people trying to show their loved ones picture on the news. By that time it was nightfall in NYC. After babysitting my boyfriend *now husband Trent * and I went to a candle vigil. I remember telling the kindergarten aged children at work that today is a day they will remember. I wonder if they still do. I try to think of how big the towers were, the frantic prayers that were given and I can't even fathom it. Even though we live in Utah and are sometimes sheltered, this really did happen and it still affects many people. Where were you on this day 2001?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHstQv8C2zQ

5 comments:

Bentleys said...

I was drinking coffee with a friend that lived downstairs in my dorm and we sat and cried glued to the t.v. I remember the typical St. George girls all dolled up looking like they were going to prom walking right past the t.v. talking about some boys and thinking What the heck!!! I think it was the first time I got homesick I wanted to hug my parents and sis and thank God we were still here! Thanks for writing this post!

Brea Marie said...

I was living at my sister's in Payson. My sis-in-law called and told me to turn on the TV. I did and moments later I watched the second plane hit the tower. I couldn't move from that couch all day. Even to eat. What a sad day.

Brea Marie said...

Oh, as for the font change, if you scroll all the way down on my blog, it'll link you to it. But it's on Pyzam.com They have TONS of fun fonts. But, fair warning, it is the reason that the center of my blog is shifted to the left. I'm not sure why it does that. I tried various fonts, and it kept doing it. I like the font that Mary and Charlie use on their blog, and it didn't shift their blog. Maybe it's just me!

Jamie said...

Yeah I felt like there were a lot of ignorant people that I saw that day that didn't care, I feel like I was raised in a very patriotic family and cringe when I see people who just don't care because it "wasn't someone they knew" I wonder if it hadn't affected everyone in some way, if something is wrong with them.

Ashlie said...

I was at home with my a one week old Ashton!! I cried my head off as I watched all the news broadcast show the planes hitting the towers!! I was so scared and sad! I will never forget how horrible I felt inside that day! I was so terrified as to what was going to happen next! I remember Paul was working up on HAFB. They had locked down the base and he couldn't get home!