Saturday, November 7, 2009

xmas

I have seen so many fun ideas for Halloween that I wanted to post on my blogs, but I have been very busy. Now that I am not feeling all that well I decided to just stop an take a minute to relax. I have been sleeping all day and now I decided to share with you some of the ideas I have found that I am going to do for Christmas. The economy got you down? That's ok because these ideas are cheap, handmade, and will give you a new talent. Hopefully. First thing I am trying to look at my talents. I like to make montages for people on their wedding and so forth. I decided I want to make movies for the people I love of why I love them so much. My kids will LOVE It. They watch their Little baby movie I made them Over and over again. I'm not exactly sure how I will do this yet. Maybe I will do " 25 reasons I love you" and find pictures to go with it.

2. Next idea I decided I want my neighbor Hilary to teach me how to tie tutu's. She makes the cutest Halloween costumes ever! Her little baby girl was Tinkerbell and she made the cutest little tutu. She told me she is making capes for her son and asked if I wanted to come over *thankfully she has two sewing machines, and I don't have one so that works* to help make one for my son! She told me that er mom sewed dresses for their Christmas presents and they loved them for years.
(picture from Ehow)

The Next couple Ideas I found from The Idea Room HERE:
3. I am learning about the sewing and hand stitching things, but I Found this on a website and thought it would be a great fun idea for friends, grandparents, or parents. Due to terms of use you will need to go to her blog "Theidearoom.blogspot.com" on the link above. Check out the handtowels and candles Idea she has used. This is what I want to do!!

4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea.Remember the Read along Disney used to put out? I love them!! My kids LOVE to read. Even Faith pretends to read and blabber words as she turns the pages. I am going to get Trent and I to read the kids books and put it on tape like this smart woman did! Then if they want to read a book at bedtime they can put on the tape, hear our voices and go to sleep. This would be something to treasure for years to come. I think I will even ask my parents and Trent's parents to read and record one of our books. We get a book for Christmas every year so it might be fun to have them do the Christmas books and Trent and I to do normal everyday books. That is something to love
Now I just need to borrow someones tape recorder!!

3 comments:

April said...

Great ideas! One thing I saw in Family Fun this month was to make matching tutu's and capes for your childs favorite stuffed animal or buy them a new stuffed animal. That way they match their animal! Kids love that kind of stuff!

Eric and Jenny said...

You have such great ideas, I love the movie idea, that would be so thoughtful to get as a gift. I bet you are the best preschool teacher, you are so creative!

Lyndee W. said...

My Mom made the kids tapes several years ago...Bedtime Stories with Grandma 'Chele...they were very inventive!