Tuesday, November 10, 2009

IF you know me I love things that sparkle. I love Dorthy Shoes and this is why I came up with an idea that I want to try. My problem is I can come up with the idea but putting it together is another thing. It never turns out the way I want it to. For Christmas I wanted to make a Wizard of Oz Quiet Book. On the front cover I would have the lion, scarecrow, and Tin man's face. Whoever I give the book to I would put their name above it in felt. Then you would open the book with the number 1 in felt. You would see a fuzzy little Toto dog. Number 2 you would see two red ruby slippers with sequences. Number 3- Lolly Pops. Number 4- Dorthy, Tin man, Lion, & Scarecrow strolling down the yellow brick road. Number 5- Maybe have the wicked witch of the west counting her flying monkeys. *Again out of felt.* Number 6- have Glenda with her 6 bubbles coming from her wand. I need some ideas for number 7, 8, 9 and then for 10 I would do munchkins. If anyone can put something like this together and show me what they came up with would be great, or if you have any other ideas let me know! Today I found Dorthy blue and white fabric, shiny metal looking fabric for the tin man, a witches hat, and yarn for the scarecrow hair. By the time you purchase everything it does become expensive so I didn't end up buying it all. This will have to be a project in the future. Just thought I Would share my idea. Here are some pictures of ideas I have found at the store or online. The Lion is a cute quiet book from www.thedixonstory.blogspot.com Awesome job she did!!




This material for Tin Man


make shoes out of felt and hot glue red sequences


I could go on and on... so we will see how it turns out later. Maybe I should have kept it a secret... nah I'm not like that, I will share with everyone my ideas!!
JaMiE

2 comments:

kelli said...

cute. I love it. I have some felt if you still want it. In fact you can come clean out all my crafting supplies, they are just taking up room, and I don't ever use them.

Bentleys said...

Love it! I am making quiet books for my nieces and nephews for christmas! Ton of work but oh so fun!