Friday, April 17, 2009

Trash to Treasure







Today my dad came down to watch the kids so my mom and I could go to the temple. When we came home I decided to go through this box of Trent's late great- uncle Frank. I found a lot of letters he had written to his wife. You can tell how proper the time frame was just be reading his letters. He also saved a TON Of comics about WWII which I gave to my dad since he is a big history buff. I found cuff lings. buttons, badges, hats, purses *of his wife*, China *which even matched some I found at my great uncles house many years ago and saved* It was fun looking in this time capsule. I am glad I was able to save it before they threw it away~! I wish somehow I could find a journal about him or make one to put all these pictures in. I have really gotten interested in family history and have met a lot of distant cousins on facebook. I have met a 70 year old man who is related to the Coe's on facebook who lives in Ireland. He was telling me how he goes to Normandy and that his late wife had once written on the Berlin Wall before it was torn down. He was a child during WWII and has been telling me all about it. I can see the good that the Internet does provide, otherwise how else would I have ever met this person along with many others. I also have met my 4th cousin on my mom's side of the family among many others. We both get out our genealogical records and trace back how far we are related, we also keep trying to find more people. It really is a small world! I know the church has been asking people to type in names onto the Internet. I saw it in the paper and wonder if anyone knows any more information because I would love to try that.

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

You're such an inspiration!