Thursday, April 2, 2009

I LoVe,LOVE my new slipcovers. My friend Shelley does slipcovers and her talent amazes me. She changed my old (dirty) couches to this:

BEFORE:



AFTER






She also made the pillow covers, this picture is hard to see because it was taken with my phone, but I love the material on the pillows it is so pretty.


She has a website where you can check out her work: http://customslipcoversbyshelley.blogspot.com/


I have decided that I really like these types of fabric now. Maybe I should go to the Sewing Class at enrichment from now on and learn something!!!


#1 Damask- Love the black on white

this would be pretty as a pillow on a bed or something. oohhh! Shelley you and April will have to show me how to make pillow cases ! I think this could be my new hobby.. (Yes a pillowcase. I don't sew~)


#2- Paisley




#3 Toile-



Love the Red!

Reminds me of my blue dishes that my grandpa almost gave to DI after his brother died. I was wrapping them up and asked If I could keep them!! I did and now my mom is "borrowing" them on her shelves!


Other material






Ohh for a bench chair !!
















I think I have some new favorite things too! I love the color yellow and orange lately. Today while shopping my sister and I saw this really cute orange teapot it was cute. I also saw a purse a while back that had cow print on it with red handles. However, I think this giraffe one is Awesome! Love it... Crazy how much things can change. I used to make fun of my sister in law for loving animal print and now I am starting to love it! *Well some of it.*Shelley also had a foot chair with giraffe print. It was amazing!! Other things I now like that I used to not are "witch shoes" I call them. The pointy toe shoe! I also love the grey "pinstripe" shoes!

7 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

That is funny cause I see the purse all over the place. 2 girls I work with both have it, and also one of the girls in my ward. It is super cute though, so its no wonder.

Gina said...

Wow! Looks really good. i can see that you rearranged the front room a little too! Very fun! I need to come see :)

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

Jamie.... I love it. you should check out www.fabric.com . Also a foot chair is called an ottoman, I laughed when I read "foot chair". I left that white duvet on your chair, let me know if it works or not. You can get a down comforter from overstock.com for about $30.

Jamie said...

LOL shelley, for the life of me I couldn't think of what it was called. haha

Lyndee W. said...

Foot chair...NICE! LOL. I love the slipcovers! They're awesomely cool! Great job, Shell! It's funny, Jame, but I am so totally in love with damask and paisley...it's not even funny.

Tiff and Chris said...

Fun! It looks great! I love those patterns too-such intricate detail and lovely color.

Nick and Stacey said...

Oh my goodness, ti does look awesome, she does some great work! So fun to get something new...especially if you don't have to get the whole thing new