Tuesday, March 10, 2009




This weekend we decided to take a trip with some friends to St.George. On the way down it was snowing hard in the mountain passes. Our car could barley make it up the hills!! We got to St.George at 1am On Saturday we went to the St.George Temple's visitor center. While driving in town I couldn't believe how many people that are there now. When I was there 8 years ago it sure didn't seem so crowded! All the fun places that we hung out are now closed down. It was kind of sad to see. In the visitor center there used to be a red rock and star room. I guess Pres. Hinkley told them that while it looked cool there really wasn't anything teachable to it. They instead put in a couple little rooms that you go in and watch about families and such. It was good! After the Visitor Center we went and saw Brigham Young's house. Austin got out of the car and went straight for the front door. The elderly missionary told him not to go knocking on Brigham's door because no one was home. He opened it and the missionary told us it was supposed to be locked. Austin is such a little rascal! I swear the people back then used to be smaller. The chairs and door ways seemed to be small. We then headed to Costco. Holly was craving her favorite Costco Cake and while we were there we were trying samples. I went to grab a sample and the little old lady smacked my hand LOL. I looked at Holly and the lady said " you know better" Which I didn't because I never go to Costco. I guess you can't take the sample until they put it on the FRONT tray. It was on the BACK tray. woops. Live and Learn right? That night we went to Chilli's for dinner. There was this chubby little girl who reminded me so much of Faith it was cute. Trent had to give me a hard time for ordering a child's blue Slurpee drink. It didn't taste as good as I thought it would and ended up giving it to Alina. I guess Alina was saying "Jamie, can I have some" I could barley hear her though. After Chilli's we rented some movies then we went and played murder in the dark. My in laws bought two snuggles *they are actually kinda cool* and Cameron hide in one and we couldn't find him. I guess he won. We watched some movies we rented ( I think we were all tired because we all went to bed except Cameron who stayed up for the whole thing) On Sunday we didn't realize that it was daylight savings time. That took an hour away from our trip! We played a little golf game that Trent's dad has and some board games. Trent made us some bbq chicken. We roasted some marshmallow's and just sat and talked. The kids loved the playroom and played so well together. On Monday Trent decided it would be so funny to throw cake in my face since we didn't at our reception. He ended up just punching my nose pretty much lol. after we cleaned up we headed out to Neilson's Frozen Custard and to the Dinosaur tracks. The way home was a lot easier then the way down. We ordered some pizza and watched The Ringer. It was a great little get away and I do wish we hadn't been so tired and that we were still in the warm weather!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Your anniversary pics are waaay cute!! What a fun little trip we had, I'm glad we got to go.

Bentleys said...

Happy Anniversary!!! And I am sad I didnt get the chance to see you! Glad it was a beautiful weekend!

April said...

Sounds like you guys had fun, but why do vacation days always go by faster than regular days?! Did your kids like the dinosaur tracks? My kids loved it!

Nick and Stacey said...

What a fun little trip, fun filled and all! I can't believe it has been seven years, time really does go so fast! I love to see all your wedding pictures, you look beautiful!

Lyndee W. said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to go. It looks like it was a blast!

The Johnson Fam said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! It sounds like you guys had a very eventful trip, love the picture collages!