Friday, March 27, 2009


Last night for Relief Society I went to "Women at the Well." It was a really good performance and I don't know why, but I lost it. We first met in the R.S room and sang " I believe in Christ" The last verse got me. Then we headed into the sacrament room and some ladies were dressed up and sang songs, with a slide show of Christ behind them. The first solo, this lady got up and started singing. I was dead center to the pulpit and it looked like she kept looking at me until the tears just came running down my face. She then looked away and started to choke up. Every time she looked at me she started crying. or so it seemed. You know when life can be hard and you just have to let it all out, well last night it all came out. Sitting by other women who were crying didn't help either. It made me realize that being a wife and mother makes me feel like I am a cornerstone for my family, I feel like I am lifting them up and it is baring down sometimes. I can't lift the weight. I realize that I am not alone in feeling this way, and Christ is there for us. Then this girl gets up in white and starts singing about her dying. It reminded me of my sister Chelsea. I couldn't hold it in, a girl next to me gave me a Kleenex and I couldn't even say thanks because I was trying so hard to not cry! It was really good and has been a long time since I have been to something like that. It was much needed!

3 comments:

Holly said...

It was really good. I was balling like a baby as well. I should've had kleenex to pass around!

skcoe said...

I sang "Daughter Arise" in Women at the Well a few years ago, that is some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard. I'm glad you got to hear it too...and I hope you had a good cleansing cry!

Tiff and Chris said...

How wonderful to be a part of that experience. Sometimes you just need to let it out-and it feels so refreshing. Glad someone had a kleenex for you :)