Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This last weekend was my 7th anniversary! My baby also turned 7 months old that day. I can't believe how fast time goes by. Life is only for a moment. I am so thankful that I married such an amazing man! He truly is my best friend and is such a strength in my life, even when he doesn't think so. I love so much about him. Here are 7 reasons what I love most about him.

#1- When I met Trent he was such a caring man. He cares for anyone he comes into contact with. He is a great host and an example of how we should treat others. I felt like I was around my family from home when I was around him and his family. During my stay at Dixie, my roommates and I ran into a con-artist. Something about Trent allowed me to feel like I could trust him and that he was sincere. I thought we would be such great buds, but so glad we became eternal companions!

#2- I love that even though we got married after 7 months of knowing each other we truly know more about each other then most couples know about themselves. Every couple has their own ups and downs, but I love Trent more for the ups and downs we have because we grow even closer then I knew was possible. Many times I hear couples say how hard marriage is and how hard they have to work at it for. Maybe if they put the other one first marriage would become a lot easier. Marriage for us has never been really hard. yes we have had some hard trials along the way but it only made it better, and during it we weren't at each other's necks. We had our arms wrapped around each other getting through it together. What would marriage be if your always fighting all the time? Someone once asked us what our worst fight was. We both could only think of one....A couple months after being married, chasing each other around the house to eat the last dilly bar from dairy queen. We aren't perfect but Trent makes my marriage feel pretty darn close to it!Thanks to the trials and the blessings that came from each one of them. I am so thankful for the trials that come in our lives. We tell each other everything, even things other couples wouldn't dare to say to their spouse. I am so thankful for that very open communication that we have because that is truly what makes this marriage unique and what will help us gain a better love for each other, when we know both our strengths and weakness. I am not saying we are perfect, we just know that whatever comes our way the other person isn't going anywhere. Through the thick and thin we have already been through tells me nothing can beat us down.

#3- I love how Trent is such a hard worker. That man never ceases to amaze me. I remember being first married and when things were broken I thought we would just have to call someone to come fix it. Lo and Behold Trent could do it! He is a very handy man and I love that he really works hard for everything.

#4- I love what a good father Trent is. I am used to little kids because I was the 3rd out of 7. I loved babysitting and working with children. I guess I just assume everyone knows how to take care of kids. Trent is the 6th out of 8 so it has been fun to see the difference and show him things will be ok. I love how he used to push Hannah in her swing in our old house. He loved taking her outside and having some daddy and me time. I love how he takes Austin with him for side jobs. He tells Austin to go find his work shirt *A little shirt that looks like Trent's and Austin swears it is HIS work shirt* Trent will take him for some breakfast on the way. I love how he makes me laugh so hard when Faith poops all over his arm and shirt and his face goes green!

#5 I love what a great companion he is and how well he knows me. He knows when something is bothering me. We will be driving in the car and he tells me that I need to lay on his shoulder and just let it all out. He really is a shoulder to cry on. He will make me laugh while I am crying. I love watching movies with Trent and we just bust out a gutful laugh and can't stop. All we have to do is look at each other and the laughter comes back until we have tears in our eyes.

#6- I love how Trent loves me even though I am far from perfect. I love that we both have weakness's to help each other up when we need it most. I feel like we are on this path together and we are arm in arm, ready to help the other one up so they can't fall. If they do fall we get on our hands and knees to help them up again. TO me that is what marriage is about. It isn't about arguing, fighting, getting our own needs met. To me it is about having a helping hand, a best friend, lover, to help on our way through life. You love the person who hurts you and that person loves you when you hurt them. You work through things through thick and thin and as long as you put the other person first and try to meet THEIR needs first you will always have a great marriage.

#7- I love Trent for making me the woman I am today. Throughout my childhood and teenage years I have ran into friends and family who have helped molded who I am. I am ever grateful for that. But I love the person I am because when I am with Trent he has helped me see my potential and embraces it. I love you Trent with all my heart. People say the 7 years is the hardest, if you can make it you will be ok *7 year itch* however if that's the case we have nothing to worry because no matter what comes our way, even if it's death, we will have it made together forever.





5 comments:

Team Reid said...

Happy Anniversay! It's gone by so fast! I was looking at the dress I wore there and thinking how it can't possibly have been 7 years, but it has! :) I hope this is the start of a great year for you both!

Tiff and Chris said...

Congrats! That's so awesome...love all the pictures.

Eric and Jenny said...

What a great tribute to your husband, you are a wonderful family, happy anniversary!

Lyndee W. said...

Super sweet post. Happy Anniversary you guys! Glad we're friends and that I'm Trent's "sister". LOL

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

You guys are so cute!!