Tuesday, December 16, 2008


Did you hear??
BOUNTIFUL, Utah (AP) - Graves are going green.
Utah's Lakeview Memorial Cemetery and Mortuary is offering the option of a green burial, which involves a biodegradable casket (Your already going to be decomposing, why not the box your in? lol) - the traditional plain pine box, perhaps - and refrigeration instead of embalming fluid.(Great, I am going to look like Jack Frost at my funeral!)
The mortuary also offers an eco-friendly funeral and interment in a natural setting in the foothills above Bountiful. (Throw me in the foothills eh, Hate to be living there.)
Memorial Mortuaries and Cemeteries General Manager Brandon Burningham says he expects the increased interest in the environment to create interest.
No one has yet signed up for the service, which has been available since September. (I WONDER WHY)
Casket options include pine, poplar, willow or woven sea grass.(Just throw me in the sea and let me get tangled in the sea weed, that works too) Graves are dug by hand and grave markers are brass plaques, flat stones or trees.( Is that supposed to entice me?)

6 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Too funny! I don't care if you are an evironmentalist...this sounds creepy.

Lyndee W. said...

I just noticed you changed your pic. Shexshy! Rawrrr! Seriously, I think that pic is absolutely stunning!

Bentleys said...

Is it really true!!! That is really really going green!

Erin ;) said...

lol that picture is sad at first i thought it was ethan crying. i dont think its creepy i think its cool lol

kelli said...

That's funny, and I think the kid in the picture kind of looks like Ethan

Tiff and Chris said...

Yeah for going green. :) Just kidding. Thats too funny.