Friday, January 28, 2011

Faith didn't want to get off her moon! Little Did I know it is the 25th anniversary of the Challenger disaster....


look the flag in the moon...

















The Invite rocket












This year I did a "Space" theme for Austin's party.THe invites for his party I made little rocket and wrote " 3...2...1.. It's Austin's Party and we are going to have a BLAST!! I told him he could only invite enough kids to match his age (6). IT was hard to find ideas online for a space party, which I thought I would have no trouble. I decided to make Planets , Moon, and sun out of tissue paper pom poms. I cut stars from neon color poster board. I was going to make a rocket cake, but I will save that for when my family comes over tomorrow. Instead I got tin foil looking cupcake holders and stuck little rockets I printed off online in them. We played "Pin the Man on The Moon" WHich I think they cheated cause they all hit the moon right on. Even Faith. We then played "Moon Walk" Which was like Musical Chairs. We then went on a Spaceship scavenger hunt (I made these up so bare with me lol) and I made rockets out of pringle cans and filled them with Milky Ways, Mars, POP Rocks, Glow in the dark glowsticks, SUN chips, ORBIT Gum, and STARbursts! I think the kids had a fun time!

No comments: