Tuesday, January 25, 2011




I have loved finding ideas for Young Womens and I have a ton all in my head.. so I am posting some of the lesson helps that I have done. For Manual 3 Lesson 3- Coming to know the Savior, I put a bag of rocks in a bag and told the girls to take one rock out and read it. You can put anything from eating disorders, depression, sin, impure thoughts to weakness or heartbreak and then proceed to tell the girls that the burden they are carrying can be lifted and that we don't need to be perfect to gain that hope and grace from our Savior. Besides bearing my testimony of Hope and faith in Jesus Christ, I wanted to stress that he loves us the way we are and will always have open arms to him, regardless of the stage of life or weakness or sin we are in. I then showed the movie clip "Jesus was no Ordinary Man" and passed around a cool black and white picture I found off of sugardoodle of Jesus. You stare at it and then close your eyes and you can see his face. At the end of the lesson I had bows tied around these "In Faith" blocks I made. However, I forgot to take a picture of it so I asked one of the girls to send me a photo of hers. On the back is a scripture about Faith and how Christ is always there for us, with him knocking at the door picture. Next lesson is on Forgiving ourselves and I can't wait! I have a bunch of great ideas for this one! I love teaching it uplifts me and is something I need always in my life.

No comments: