Wednesday, November 10, 2010



Today I am grateful for the simple little things we take for granted. In my history book there is a story of a teacher who sent a girl home because she was so weak from starvation in the summer of 1933. The little girl said " It won't do any good for me to go home, it's my sister's day to eat." Wow. I can't even wrap my brain around that. America is rich in food, housing, vehicles. Our poorest of the people all of us know, is nothing like some child in Ethiopia. Again, in my history book, I am grateful for equality for all. I am grateful that we aren't shoved into concentration camps like many before us have. Many before us have suffered the insufferable, and we have yet to hear their stories. I could go on and on how it wasn't too long ago all of this took place, and how the world has always been corrupt and not fair. I like to look at Job. He lost everything. But he still had God. I hope that no matter what comes my way, I can build to have that kind of faith. We may think we have it bad. I like the quote " had no shoes and I complained, Until I met a man who had no feet. " Then there are some who think they have it good. It's all about attitude and way of thinking. So that quote could go on to say " I, the man who had no feet felt lucky, when I saw the man who had no legs." The quote of the day for me is from FDR " The only thing to fear, is fear itself"


1 comment:

Alisa and Crowells said...

Attitude really is everything.