Sunday, November 21, 2010

Coco Loco- Day 1

Trent and I had the opportunity to go on a cruise last minute. Besides our honeymoon to bearlake 8 1/2 years ago, this was our first and much needed get away. We found a great deal, but that meant that we had redeye flights. We left Sunday at 8:30 and dropped the kids off. Then we sat in the airport until our flight left at midnight. We got there early because we thought TSA would have Trent fill out paperwork, because his name was TRENT on the ticket and they needed TRENTON. We got in without anything wrong. I had to laugh as we both went through the body scanner, and the security had to pat down Trent. As he was patting down Trent's arms, he flexed and said "Those are my guns." Next time I go through the body scanner I think I will strike a pose. jk. I must say that Trent wanted to bring our camera, and I didn't want it to get stolen so I said lets just do disposable camera. I SHOULD'VE LISTENED!!! The pictures didn't turn out good at all, and the ones I thought would turn out were black. So we don't have any pictures of our formal night, or our dinner with the friends we met. Oh well. I guess we have the memories. We had a layover in Atlanta and then flew into Orlando. Florida really is a swamp from the sky. We bored ed the ship and set sail for the Bahama's. The pictures I posted yesterday were from my phone, after those pictures it died. My first cruise with my sister had better activities. We felt like we were in a nursing home. Everyone migrated to Florida in the winter and went on cruises. I think we could count on one hand how many younger people there were. I was so hoping for drunks to get up and make a foll of themselves during Karaoke. Didn't happen. However, the beaches were so much better here. On the second day we went to "Coco Cay" we told the kids we were going to "Kokie Island" from Dora. This was Royal's private island and beautiful. It was a small island and decided to go Jet skiing. We got to go first in line in the jet skies and were able to go super fast. We had to have a guided tour because it is so shallow. The Bahamas mean "Shallow" and the guide said we could walk from one island to the next. The water was beautiful and crystal clear, then all of a sudden it was dark from all the coral. He told us about the pirates that would come to the island we went to. WE then got out in the ocean and the coolest thing happened. We saw a bunch of starfish and were able to dive in and pick them up. I was surprised how sandy it was clear out in the ocean. It felt great on my feet! While we were jet skiing a couple fell off into the water, I guess his head hit hers as they fell in and she had a huge goose egg. After our jet skiing we played in the ocean where all the tropical fish came in and swam between us. It was beautiful. We wish we had time to go snorkeling, because in coco cay they have a hidden ship wreck that you can go see. They also have a bouncy slide playground in the water. I think I could have stayed there forever! We were able to take a nap in the sun, and the weather was perfect. I would never go somewhere hot in the summer, I hate the heat, but going in Nov the weather was 80 degrees with a slight wind that made it perfect!!! The "Coco Loco" were the local "Drinks" we wanted to hold one and take a picture as if we were drunk and then put them on Christmas cards that say, "Eat Drink and be Merry" Merry Christmas. But we forgot. The second day was by far my favorite!








2 comments:

skcoe said...

I'm shivering while I read this...no fair you were so warm while it's snowing here!

Holly said...

I missed you! I'm glad you had such a fun time!