Sunday, April 11, 2010

I used to think how fun it would be to be lazy and watch tv all day long. I thought how fun it would be to be in a nursing home where everything was done for me. WRONG WRONG WRONG. I feel so helpless letting others help me, it has been very appreciated and humbling. I am scared for this next week. I know I shouldn't be but I am. On sat I was feeling ok so I went outside to sit on the porch. I was LONGING for visitors and I saw two little neighbor boys. I told them to come talk to me. (They are 4 and 2) and they only talked for a minute and I asked them if they had to leave already. They did. LOL I will be one of those old ladies who BEG for company when I am in the nursing home. It has made me realize that I need to visit others more often. No wonder they get all excited to see me even if they don't know me. It's someone. Today has been a gloomy day and Im starting to hurt a little more. Im surprised that it hasn't been as horrible as some other people I know so that is a blessing. I see how some of my kids are having a hard time and I feel guilty for not being able to help them. I need to stop feeling guilty I know. I heard you get the "surgical blues' like the baby blues and it's so funny that I get so weepy and then I start to laugh but can't cause then it hurts.Crazy what meds will do to a person.p.s thank goodness for spell check, I am typing with one hand.

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I so understand...I always thought bed rest would be so nice until I was on bedrest with Luke. Two days of that was more than enough, ten weeks was just torture. I hope this week is a good one for you, maybe just the start of a fresh week will lift your spirits, sometimes it has that effect on me when I have the blues.

Nick and Stacey said...

Its true, I dont think any of us would be normal without longing to maybe sit there all day,and do absolutely nothing, but then again what mom would you be if you enjoyed it all the time! This too shall pass, I feel for you though, its the worst feeling helpless, but I am sure your kids understand, you are a great mom to them!

Team Reid said...

Hang in there! Hopefully you will feel better and get to be social again soon! :)