Friday, April 16, 2010

Under-age


Wow.Ok bare with me, maybe this is a stretch but it's pretty amazing anyways... Utah is thinking of getting rid of the 12th grade. I personally find this a little weird for a couple reasons. One, I think kids that are 17 still need a year to mature before they enter college. Another reason, can you imagine 17 year old girls in the same class as guys in their 20's..... Sweet Kansas.... all it takes is one pretty mature looking girl and a hot older guy and BAMB your busted dude. (I barley got by being 18 and a 23 year old hit on me (Or was it reversed) either way it stuck and seven months later BAMB I was hitched)Also when I was 17 I was playing pranks, doing Chinese fire drills, and my biggest worry was if I had a ride to school the next day. Can you imagine the 17 year old guys throwing spit wads at the back of your "I went to bed at 2:00 a.m" lovely hair? If 12th grade is eliminated, will kids have to have parents permission to move out on their own? Interesting. In the exact words of someone anonymous (you will see why its anonymous)"If Utah gets rid of 12th grade it will just make Utah look more stupider." Maybe we should ADD a couple grades to high school not eliminate them.
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/utah-state-senate-proposal-get-rid-12th-grade-save-money

2 comments:

VanOrden Family said...

I like the idea of making it optional, my senior year was a waste of time I had already done everything I needed to graduate, so I just goofed off I didn't learn anything. I was so bored I graduated 2 semesters early. I got a job and worked during the day so I could play at night. FOr some it would be a bad idea, but for a lot of people going is just a waste of taxpayers money.

Eric and Jenny said...

What!! This is so weird I hadn't heard that, it really does make no sense. I am curious as to what there reasons would be for getting rid of it. I too think 17 year olds for the most part are still too immature, I am sure some would be fine, but a scary thought for the rest of them.