Saturday, April 3, 2010

Yesterday I went up to my moms to go watch my sister get her engagement pictures taken. My older sister Kelli loves to take pictures and she is good at it. I did my little sister Erin's make up and we went all around the temple grounds in SLC getting them done. They turned out really cute. After about two hours we said goodbye to my little sister and Kelli, me, and my mom headed to walmart in layton. After grabbing some groceries for our party that night ( we celebrated my little brother and my birthday) we went out to the truck. Immediately Kelli noticed her camera was gone. It had been in the back in a bag by my feet. There is no way anyone would've known she had a camera in there. She thought someone stole it. I kept thinking , no one would steal in broad daylight or take your camera ( I am too trusting.) Once reality hit I told them lets go in and call the police or look at the video surveillance. I called the cops and while we were waiting for them my mom ran to the truck to get something and realized that Kelli had locked the doors but whoever took the camera messed with the locks. The cop came and we figured out that someone had followed us from SLC all the way to layton. They waited until we went in the store and took a screwdriver and somehow pushed in the lock and took her camera. I guess there is a huge problem with camera stealing at the temple grounds lately. IT is kinda err to think someone had been following us, followed us to our car which was parked behind the conference center and then some. They obviously was professional because if we hadn't tried to use the key in the lock we wouldn't have known it had been opened. The cop asked if anyone knew we would be at walmart because this was so odd. He has heard of the screwdriver trick but never saw it before. It kinda shook me up that someone would in broad daylight steal right there. I guess I live in an imaginative world where I know bad things go on but you never think it can hit close to home. This was something small and could been much worse. It still was so weird. Hopefully they can find the camera, or try to see if whoever stole it will sale it online. At least it was Erin's engagement pictures and not her wedding ones. We can redo the engagement ones. SO if you go to SLC I wouldn't bring a nice camera, you might just get followed! Here is warnings from the news of hunt downs and stealing's on TEmple Square:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=649&sid=8235278

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20091030/ai_n39393170/
( A camera from KSL Was stolen while they were photographing the story about the stolen cameras... ironic.)

4 comments:

skcoe said...

Oh my GOSH that is eerie! I'm glad that all of you are okay though, even though I can't imagine how frustrated and upset your sister(s) must be!

Eric and Jenny said...

This is so crazy. I think the freakiest thing about it is the fact that someone cared that much to follow you all the way from SLC, really creeps me out. I am so sorry for your sister that would devestate me to have my camera stolen, they are so expenive. I really hope they can find it for her...

Team Reid said...

I can't believe that! People suck sometimes!!! And that is nuts that they followed you! Hopefully it never happens again!

Lyndee W. said...

I heard that story on KSL.