Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I once was blind, but now I see


I have a heart full of gratitude. I enjoyed my posts two y ears ago around thanksgiving when I posted about my gratitude. It seemed that my life was full of joy. I am not going to wait until Thanksgiving to post about it. This blog has come in handy as when I was trying to fill out Faith's baby book, I reverted back here and found the information I needed. I want to express my love full for my Savior, Family, and dear friends. I know some of you may think I'm getting mushy on you, but this is for me. Here are a few things I have learned:

Jesus physically healed the blind so they could see, he emotionally and spiritually opened my eyes to realize I am worth it.
He healed the sick and afflicted. He has taken away my pain and insecurities.
He served his disciples. He has carried my burdens.
He cast spirits of doubt out, He raised people from the dead. He has helped me through my pit of depression, and low self worth. I have found that TRUE self esteem only comes through Him.
He loved the sinner, not the sin. He has given me hope and peace.
He was cast out by those he grew up with, those who he called friends, beaten, spit upon, and ultimately killed. I've abandoned him, hurt him, and did not trust in him, because I was weak.
He conquered the grave and sting of death that night. He has been here the whole time, by my side. I have learned it is up to me to take his hand and give it to him all- fair or not. He has heard my cries, seen my pain, and has been there the whole time. I felt for so long I had been climbing a mountain with stones in my backpack. I may have let him have one stone, but not until recently have I given him all. Without him, I wouldn't be where I am today. He not only takes away the sins of the world, he takes the pain, injustice, hurt, depression, and so on. He is real. He loves me. He loves You. We ARE God's children. I honestly believe he made EACH of us, not by chance. He wanted You, for You. Knowledge is power.

No comments: