Thursday, August 25, 2011

That Time of Year Again~













I finished my classes two weeks ago, and now it's time for everyone else to go back! Hannah and Austin started school this week. I can't believe how fast this summer went. Life is flying by WAY too fast.

What's going on in my life now:

I was released from Young Women's two weeks ago. I knew it was coming ever since I got the calling, I felt it was only going to be until August. Don't ask my how I knew that, but I am glad that I did. I love those girls. I really loved teaching and am so excited to take the time and energy in teaching the youth, to teaching my own children. There is a time and season for everything, and right now that season is family. I am so excited that Faith is three and at a fun age where I get to spend time with her, laugh with her, play, read, and even sometimes take a nap in a blue moon with her! She makes me laugh, and while I miss my other two at school, I will take this time and hold it dear, because before I know it, she too will be at school and then I will be going back to finish mine. Until then, happy days ahead! It's been nice to get onto a routine, new rules, and schedules with the family. I will post my Young Women Lesson/Ideas on here for those who want to use them. I am still assistant camp director (But who knows that's still another year away, A lot can happen in a year, so no hopes up.) For our FHE'S this year we have been doing "House of Order" I made a picture frame with "In Spirit, Conversation, Faith, Purity..." it is our motto on what we represent as a family. You know when you have those feelings where you feel the spirit guiding you so strongly and having a mother/women's intuition? Well I have come to the conclusion my kids are no longer doing sleepovers. I loved sleepovers when I was little with the neighbor friends, we laughed, played night games, and didn't get into trouble... unless you count Toilet Papering' trouble. However, that was also a time when we would sleep on our front lawn in a sleeping bag and no tent. Just under the stars. Time's have changed, and while I know my kids have had a blast sleeping over, I just keep getting that urge that who knows what might happen down the road. I went to two crazy slumber parties when I was younger and I don't want my kids to be put in that situation. Had my mom known how horrible some of the other girls were treating each other, I am sure she would've put a stop to sleep outs and I didn't want that!! With that being said, I also don't like hearing the fighting that goes on when one of the kids get to sleep over and the other doesn't. Both Trent and I have had enough of that! :) I am only sharing this rule with you, so that everyone is aware of our rule so we don't run into people asking why my kids can't sleep over or get offended that we don't allow it anymore. So... "As for me and my family.. No sleepovers... unless it's family." Another rule that I have used that you might like is that for my kid's reading they have to read 20 minutes on scriptures4kids.com They can chose their reading level and the books are even for sale. I love it!

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

I hear you on the sleepovers, that was always my rule growing up and it has been my rule for my kids since they were babies.

I hate sleepovers, nobody sleeps good, kids come home grumpy, and it only leads to fights. Good call I say!