Friday, August 19, 2011

I am so excited that I have given myself permission to allow all my creativity go into motherhood. For years I thought I had to be "Achieving" something through school, church, or whatever interruptions came. I have grown to love each of my kids more in the last three days than I could ever have imagined. They keep telling me "Mom, you need to tell us we are "good, beautiful, smart" I then tell them (for the third time that day) and they try to grab my face so I can't kiss them, and they laugh and laugh at the face I pull. Here is the schedule I was telling you about:
8:00 or 8:30 (I am realistic that I may not be right at eight, so I don't make goals that are easy to fail at. Give yourself some time) Breakfast/clean up kitch/ Scripture Story/ Kids "DO BOX" (I will tell you this idea in a minute)
(Now that school is in it will be kids leave at 8:45-3:45 for school. However, I still have Faith)
8:35 or 8:40 - individual and family prayers- Tell the kids "You are Good, Beautiful, and Smart"
9:00- Faith and I get ready for the day
10:00- exercise (as little as it may be. :))
10:30- Clean
11:00-11:30- Free Time
11:30-Noon- Craft Time for me!
(That was the schedule for the older kids, at this time from 11:30- noon at first, I will be doing one on one preschool with Faith)
Noon- Lunch, Clean Up Kitchen
1:00-1:30 Project/Lesson/Game/Story Time ( This was as simple as doing a little family lesson, playing or doing a little craft. I will still keep this for faith)
2:00- Free Time-
I save this time hopefully for Faith to watch a movie, or take a nap (yeah right) and I get to write in my journal (I am starting my own biography. I am starting back as far as I can remember so that one day my kids will be able to read all about it. If the kids do something cute, I write it on the calendar and later into their scrapbooks) read scriptures (I am not perfect at any of this stuff, I am only trying :))
4:00 - Plan Dinner ( I am learning how to cook ;) I want to be able to be a day ahead of cooking... we shall see. )
NEW: Kids get home from school, have Snack, Housework, Homework, and for reading "Scriptures4kids.com" you can chose the reading level.
Free time for kids until 6:30
6:30- Eat Dinner/ Clean Kitchen
7:00- 20 minute pickup
7:30- Get ready for bed (bath, Song, prayers, brush teeth, kiss goodnight)
8:00- Bedtime

About the "DO BOX" I found this awesome blog that shows you ways to have your kids get ready. I thought about doing it and gave it a try. It was a success! My kids LOVE Doing the BOX. I put brushes, toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, and even some fake deodorant in the box. This will help them get used to doing these things for when they are older. Here is the post:
http://preparednotscared.blogspot.com/2010/07/preparedness-project-get-ready-box.html

No comments: