Friday, August 19, 2011

Operation: Scripture Study

I have a couple of secrets that you may find silly. First one: I made it a goal to find out how many women are in the scriptures. There are NUMEROUS women. So when people say there isn't much about women, they are not reading between the lines, doing the research and finding awesome stories. I found this awesome blog to help get a start. It's pretty fun when you can research a person and get to know a little. It is kind of like family history, you get to understand a little about who a person was. I love it!! Another thing, is in the book "The Help" I had to chuckle because Abilene would write her prayers down. I too have "Emailed" my prayers and kept them in a file folder journal. I feel like I am writing to someone who then I can find His "TEXT" in the scriptures. But Shhh... that's my little secret. If you have trouble praying... give it a try.

http://womeninthescriptures.blogspot.com/p/book-of-mormon-women.html

Here is another fun site that you can print out scripture labels and your family can have a night finding where they go.
http://tencowchick.com/2011/02/05/scripture-journals/

No comments: