Thursday, September 1, 2011

Beautiful



First off thanks to Tonii for finding this on pinterest!~ I love Tonii's blog she is such an amazing woman and mother here is her blog, you may have seen it on Sugardoodle check it out...(We miss you out here btw Tonii) Here is the original from http://www.imom.com/pages/30-day-mom-challenge/

FHE- Everyday I tell my kids "You are Good, Beautiful, and Smart" (Yes I got the idea from the book "The Help" "You is Good, You is important, you is smart" Is what I think Abilene says. What a great idea. We have had FHE on A House of Order and how we work on our characters. I decided this new month we were going to talk on "Beautiful" I printed out a bunch of different pictures of people of all shapes, sizes, circumstances, and race. I then told the kids to circle the ones they found beautiful (WARNING DO NOT do this as a shaming Lesson! You are doing this to find out where your kids are and what YOU can work on to teach them correct principles. Do Not say "Why on earth do you not think they are all beautiful?!) We then talked about how maybe some of their personalities are beautiful, or how God sees them as beautiful. I then had us go around the circle and find out why each one of the people on the paper are beautiful. One man had only one leg, I said maybe he lost it fighting for our freedom. Then I talked about te movie "Soul Surfer" and when we are at the store if we see someone that we have a question about, that we need to wait until we are in the car to ask, because in the movie a little kid asked WHY does she only have One arm? Of course it was curiosity and normal to ask, but it still hurt the girl. I then went around and had everyone say one thing about each other as to why they are beautiful. I talked about how our bodies are temples, and temples are beautiful. However, it's what is inside the temple that makes it so special. If the temple were just a building it would still be beautiful, but it's what's on the inside that really counts. Same goes with us, we are beautiful and nothing is wrong with that, God made us all Beautiful. I talked about who we are on the inside is what makes us really beautiful and to have the spirit to light our souls. I talked about the couple that were burned in the airplane
(http://nieniedialogues.com/)and what a beautiful person she is. I talked about how even though her physical appearance has changed, she is still her. This body is a house for our spirit and society is so hung up on what is acceptable as beautiful. It is up to us as parents to change that. That one day we will all be restored and we are glad that everyone is different. I then read the song to them by Mercy ME called "Beautiful" I love it. I am putting vinyl above the mirror in each bathroom that says "YOU are Beautiful!"

1 comment:

Holly said...

I cant read the writing very well. But I too love Tonii's blog. I constantly use her FHE lessons. This sounds awesome!