Sunday, September 11, 2011

I may not have known the individual's who lost their lives that day, or have fought for my freedoms but 9/11 has affected me more than I ever knew it could. Maybe it's from the love the coutry my dad instilled in me when he served in Desert Storm, or maybe it's what I thought every human being had- compassion. 10 years later I realize that compassion isn't something instilled in every human... it's a gift. Never Forget.

I can't believe that ten years has passed us by. Ten years ago I was dating Trent and came out of biology class when I heard the news. The older I get the faster time flies. I feel like my life left off ten years ago. I miss it sometimes, but I am glad to be where I am now. Every year I am obsessed with 9/11. I read books, hear articles to the point where my husband gets annoyed that I involve myself so deeply and feel like I can't do anything. But I can do something. This year the 10th anniversary instead of watching all the gory depressing details and being depressed I am going to do something great on each anniversary so I can not let those lives go in shame. Let's do something that can uplift someone else. Today I am writing letters to my kids to tell them how much I truly love them.

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

I know just how you feel, every year I go crazy too, watching all the footage I can find over and over again. Right now we have four different programs on our DVR and I can't bring myself to erase any of them.

I love your idea of writing letters to your children, what a meaningful thing to do on the anniversary of 9/11. I love that.